- How to Have a Healthier Body in 9 Easy Steps
- 5 Amazing Fat Burning Teas
- How to Get In the Best Shape of Your Life
- 8 Best Natural Appetite Suppressing Foods
- 8 Foods to Have Healthier Eyes
- 5 Rules for Quick Fat Burning
- How Weight Loss Slows Your Metabolism
- 7 Supplements You Actually Need
- Workouts AREN'T The Most Important Part of Weight Loss
- Moderation May Not Promote Weight Loss
- 6 Mistakes that Are Killing Your Metabolism
- Bad Habits Making You Age Quickly
- 6 Foods that Boost Your Testosterone
- 10 Surprisingly High Calorie Foods
- Exercise: Just 150 Minutes a Week!
- See More Articles
10 Fruits and Veggies You'd Do Well to EatWe've all heard that fruits and veggies are important, but I'm just plain tired of people taking it for granted that they need to eat these raw foods. Sure, it's all about fiber and digestive health, and they're low fat.
These 5 fruits and 5 veggies here will be more than just "health food", but they're foods that will do wonders for your body. These are the five best foods in each category, and a wise man or woman will do well to add them to their diet. If you eat nothing more than these 10 raw foods, you'll get in great shape and stay healthy. (Don't let that be an excuse to skip your fruits and veg, though, as you need variety in order to get enough minerals and vitamins.)
Top 5 Fruits:
- Apples -- These fiber-loaded powerhouses are great for an instant energy boost, and you'll find that green apples can help to suppress your appetite with just a single sniff of the fruit. Don't forget that it's loaded with immunity-boosting Vitamin C!
- Berries -- Blast your fat with a few berries, which will help to spark your metabolism and flush toxins from your body. The antioxidants in blueberries will slow down aging, and raspberries will cause a slight thermogenic effect!
- Grapes -- The dark red grapes are more than just tasty, but they're a great source of Resveratrol. Give your heart a boost and prevent aging thanks to this amazing nutrient.
- Bananas -- Your muscles need potassium in order to balance out the sodium, and bananas are the best source of this mineral. With just a banana a day, you'll fill up, avoid hunger pangs, and protect your muscles.
- Grapefruit -- Not only is this citrus fruit loaded with Vitamin C, but it will actually help to suppress your appetite. It triggers your metabolism to run a bit faster, and it will melt away those pounds the healthy way!
Top 5 Veggies:
- Spinach -- It's dark, it's leafy, it's spinach! All dark and leafy greens are loaded with antioxidants to help prevent aging, but spinach is also loaded with chlorophyll. Chlorophyll promotes healthy cell function, and guarantees that you feel better! Best of all, spinach is loaded with folic acid, a nutrient we all need a lot more of.
- Broccoli -- These little trees may not be your favorite, but they're certainly one of the best for your health. They're loaded with calcium - great for bone health and weight loss; iron - excellent for healthy circulation and muscle function; fiber - for digestion's sake; and even Vitamin B5 - needed for your skin.
- Peas -- Peas aren't just the annoying little green balls you pick out of your soup, but they're loaded with all sorts of tasty vitamin and mineral treats! They're an excellent source of the under-appreciated Vitamin K, and they provide you with plenty of magnesium and zinc - two minerals your body just can't do without.
- Carrots -- If you want to keep your eyes, your skin, and your bones healthy, you need a lot more of the Vitamin A that comes from carrots. Carrots are loaded with beta-carotene, a form of Vitamin A that is very easy for your body to absorb and process. You'll find that these fiber-rich root veggies are some of the best for your health in every way!
- Corn -- Corn may not seem like much, but it packs a powerful punch. Corn stimulates your body to produce digestive enzymes, which end up burning more calories than you consumed. Corn is also an excellent source of calcium, and it's just so darn tasty!