- Vegan vs. Vegetarian Diet: What You Need to Know
- The 4 Common Factors All Healthy Diets Have
- Get Rid of Diet Mood Swings Once and For All!
- What You Need to Know About Intermittent Fasting
- 7 Simple Tips That Will Get You Fitter Starting Today
- How to Avoid Diet Mood Swings
- 6 Eating Habits that Will Compromise Your Immunity
- 6 Reasons to Go Vegan for 30 Days
- How to Eat Healthy Without Dieting
- 7 Easy and Delicious Healthy Snacks for Your Everyday
- How to Eat Healthy While Working from Home
- What You Need to Know About the Military Diet
- 6 Easy Ways to Reduce Meat Intake
- 4 Diet Habits You May Want to Avoid
- What You Need to Know About the Satiating Diet
- See More Articles
10 Great Diet Books for 2011
It’s that time again to have a look at the latest diet books to come out for 2011. There could be the perfect diet out there, exactly suited to your lifestyle.
1. The Amen Solution: The Brain Healthy Way to Lose Weight and Keep It Off
Author: Daniel G. Amen; an MD, psychiatrist and neuroscientist who has written 25 books.
How it works: By determining your individual brain type (compulsive overeater; impulsive overeater; impulsive-compulsive overeater; sad or emotional eater; anxious overeater), you use that information to build yourself a plan. There are many strategies outline in the book including eating lean proteins early in the day, eating according to a low GI index and keeping a food journal.
2. The Carb Lovers Diet: Eat What You Love, Get Slim for Life!
Author: Ellen Kunes, the editor-in-chief of Health magazine and Frances Largeman-Roth, the senior food and nutrition editor of Health.
How it works: You can eat carbohydrate rich foods that were previously looked down on, which contain a resistant starch. This starch apparently boosts the metabolism and suppresses the appetite.
3. Cinch! Conquer Cravings, Drop Pounds and Lose Inches
Author: Cynthia Sass, the co-author of the Flat Belly Diet! (a bestseller) and a contributing editor to Shape.
How it works: This is a 30 day program that starts with a diet of almonds, raspberries spinach, eggs and yogurt for the first five ‘fast forward’ days. From there you eat four healthy meals a day for 25 days.
4. Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark and Live Like You Mean It
Author: Kris Carr from CrazySexyLife.com – an author, motivational speaker and life coach.
How it works: This is a vegetarian diet, laid out by the star of TLC’s documentary Crazy Sexy Cancer.
5. The Lean Belly Prescription
Author: Travis Stork, an MD and contributor to both Men’s Health and a host of The Doctors.
How it works: Dieters pick three significant changes in their diet, such as moving to whole grain carbohydrates our removing soda from their diet.
6. The New Abs Diet
Author: David Zinczenko, the author of Eat This, Not That! He is also the editor-in-chief of Men’s Health.
How it works: This is an updated version of the previous bestseller. It focuses on your metabolism and how it burns calories when you’re not exercising.
7. The New Sonoma Diet: Trimmer Waist, More Energy in Just 10 Days
Author: Dr Connie Guttersen, who you may recognize from the Today Show and The View. The original book was an international bestseller in 2005.
How it works: This diet encourages you to break up your plate into various food groups and proceed in three stages. First you limit flour and sugar, then you include more fruits and vegetables and from there you move into a maintenance period.
8. The Now Eat This Diet
Author: Rocco Dispirito, a celebrity chef, tri-athlete and a guest chef on The Biggest Loser.
How it works: Women eat between 1200 and 1400 calories per day, men eat between 1400 and 1600 calories per day. You can eat up to six times per day.
9. The Self-Compassion Diet: A Step-by-Step Program to Lose Weight with Loving-Kindness
Author: Jean Fain – a psychotherapist who teaches and practices psychiatry in Massachusetts.
How it works: There is no standard weight loss program. There are four routes to weight loss – hypnosis, mindfulness, social support and self-compassion.
10. Veganist: Lose Weight, Get Healthy, and Change the World
Author: Kathy Freston, the author of 4 books and regular personality on TV (including Oprah and Martha Stewart).
How it works: By eating the vegan way – whole grains, beans, fruits and vegetables.