- 8 Simple Ways to Increase Fiber Intake
- 8 Diet Tips for Better Digestive Function
- Best Breakfast Foods for Weight Loss
- 7 Superfoods that Make Amazing Desserts
- Choose Your Healthy Morning Beverage
- Why Your Coffee Triggers Your Sweet Tooth
- Are You Preparing Salad Wrong?
- 9 Age Defying Superfoods
- 7 Supplements You Actually Need
- The Dangers of Junk Food
- Should You Follow Cookbooks?
- What You Need to Know About Cold-Pressed Juice
- The #1 Heart Attack Risk Factor
- 7 Tips For Healthier Eating in the New Year
- What Does it Mean to Eat Right?
- See More Articles
5 Superfoods You MUST Eat TodayThere are lots of wonderful foods out there: foods that provide protein to build muscle, foods that deliver antioxidants, foods that pack a vitamin or mineral punch, and foods that give you energy. All of these foods are great, but none of them are SUPER. There are a few superfoods that your body needs A LOT more of, so it's in your best interest to eat them on a regular basis. Here are 5 of the superfoods you NEED to start eating today:
1. Greek YogurtIf weight loss is your goal, Greek yogurt is one of the best foods you can eat. First off, it's chock full of healthy protein, so it will promote muscular development and growth. It contains more protein than any other dairy product, and it's a bit lower in sugar as well--so less risk of bloating and weight gain. There is a bit more fat in the yogurt than in other dairy products, but eating the fat in Greek yogurt does two things: 1) it helps you to burn more fat, and 2) it helps you to fill up faster. By adding Greek yogurt to your diet, you'll find that you are A LOT healthier overall!
2. SalmonFor those who want high quality protein, it doesn't get better than salmon. Not only is salmon loaded with protein and healthy fats, but it's one of the best natural sources of Omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids can boost heart health, improve your brain function, reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease, fight inflammation, prevent your joints from swelling up as a result of arthritis, and so much more. Salmon--especially raw and smoked salmon--will be AMAZING for your health, and it's definitely a food you need to add to your diet as often as possible.
While it may not be the tastiest superfood, it's definitely one of the most "super". Kale is loaded with healthy vitamins: Vitamin A for your skin and eyes, Vitamin C to fight aging and boost your immune system, Vitamins B1, B3, and B6 to give your metabolism a boost, and Vitamin E to protect your skin and your cardiovascular system. It's also loaded with polyphenols, carotenoids, and other antioxidants, all of which can help to fight aging and reduce your risk of cancer. Basically, kale is one of those foods you need to eat simply because of all the awesome things it can do for your body.
4. BlueberriesWho doesn't love berries? They're one of the tastiest foods on the planet, and they make a delicious addition to pretty much EVERY sweet treat. Blueberries are more than just wonderfully sweet little berries--they're also SUPREMELY healthy. They contain more fiber than most other berries, but they're also loaded with antioxidants. These antioxidants can help to lower your blood pressure and give you a metabolism boost. If your goal is to lose weight and get in shape, you'll definitely want to put blueberries on your breakfast menu every day.
5. AlmondsAll nuts are very healthy, but almonds are the ones you should be looking to eat a lot more of. Not only do they contain A LOT of healthy fiber, but they're also an excellent source of unsaturated fats. These fats will protect your heart, promote weight loss, and boost brain health, and you'll find that they make it easier for your body to digest vitamins. Almonds are also the ideal solution to your hunger pangs, so grab a small handful and chow down when you feel your stomach growling midway through the morning.