- Cleaning Your Kitchen to Lose Weight
- The Three Simple Steps to Losing Weight
- 8 Weight Loss Tips Scientifically Proven to Work
- Small Lifestyle Changes for Faster Fat Burning
- The Best Diets for Weight Loss in 2016
- Health Improvement, Weight Loss and Happiness
- Health Benefits of Losing Weight
- Health and Fitness Tips for Living
- Creating a Weight Loss Program
- How to Keep Up With Weight Loss
- Sneaky Ways Restaurants Make You Fat
- Alternative Weight Loss Methods
- Losing Weight: Will It Improve My Life?
- Stay on Track to Lose Weight
- Cardio Myths that Are Holding You Back from Weight Loss
- See More Articles
Acupuncture for Weight LossObesity is one of the most common health problems in the United States. The main reason why so many people suffer with obesity is because of their excessive consumption of unhealthy foods, their sedentary lifestyle, and a lack of exercise. If you are overweight and find it difficult to lose weight or stick to healthy diets, then you should consider trying acupuncture for weight loss. Benefits of Acupuncture for Weight Loss 1. Acupuncture manages the hunger hormone We all have a hormone called ghrelin. This hormone is responsible for enhancing feelings of hunger in the body. When your body needs energy it will produce a lot of ghrelin. Another hormone called leptin is responsible for decreasing the appetite by inducing the feeling of satiety. Acupuncture treatment is an effective method for increasing the production of leptin while reducing the production of ghrelin. As a result, you will be able to suppress your appetite by using acupuncture making it easier for you to lose weight. Acupuncture is also known to increase serotonin levels when certain points on the body are stimulated. High amounts of serotonin may suppress appetite.
3. Acupuncture helps eliminate stress Many doctors believe that stress is a major contributor to the obesity epidemic. Many people are emotional eaters and tend to eat excessive amounts of food during stressful periods. Acupuncture is proven to be very effective in reducing stress and helping to control anxiety. Acupuncture works to relieve stress by stimulating the production of the hormone, endorphin, which offers a calming effect on the body. You are less likely to experience food cravings when your body is relaxed and free of stress. What is the process of acupuncture for weight loss? It is best to consult with a licensed acupuncture physician to discuss your weight loss goals. The average acupuncture treatment session ranges from 30 to 45 minutes. Treatment is usually recommended twice a week for 8 to 10 weeks depending your individual needs. You can expect to pay anywhere from $40 to $100 per session. Check with your health insurance provider to find out if your plan covers acupuncture treatment. Your acupuncture physician may recommend breathing exercises, natural herbs, and healthy lifestyle choices to support your weight loss efforts. It is important to follow the advice of your acupuncture provider. You will need to participate in regular physical exercise and make healthier food choices to maintain your body after successful weight loss with acupuncture. It is especially important to make sure your diet is high in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and any other foods that are high in nutrients and fiber. Fiber is highly needed to reduce the amount of fat in your body and to regulate your digestive system. The best way to use acupuncture for weight loss effectively is to combine acupuncture treatment with a healthy lifestyle. Acupuncture considerations and risks Acupuncture for weight loss is generally considered a safe treatment method. However, if you are pregnant or have a bleeding disorder you should consult your primary doctor before starting acupuncture. It is also essential to make sure that your acupuncture physician uses disposable needles and is licensed in the state where he or she practices.