- The 5 Mobility Exercises to Do Before Every Workout
- 9 Summer Fat Burning Activities to Kick Start Your Weight Loss
- How to Maximize Your Spin Workout
- The 5 Types of Exercise You Should be Doing
- How to Get Motivated to Work Out This New Year
- The More Physical Activity the Merrier!
- 5 Simple Exercises to Relieve Lower Back Pain
- Add These 7 Foods to Your Diet for Better Weight Loss
- Why Walk After You Eat?
- The 7 Most Important Bodybuilding Exercises You Can Do
- Is it Time to Find a New Gym?
- What Exercise Burns the Most Calories?
- 6 Simple Exercises to Improve Your Posture
- 7 Wicked Chest Exercises to Replace Push-Ups
- How to Deal with Daily Aches and Pains the Healthy Way
- See More Articles
Anaerobic exercise burns more carbohydrates but can help increase metabolism to burn fat indirectly. Learn the difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercise.
The words aerobic and anaerobic refer to energy pathways that are utilised during exercise. Aerobic means "with oxygen" and anaerobic means "without oxygen".
Fat needs oxygen to burn completely so in order to burn fat during an exercise we need to move slowly and smoothly. This enables muscle cells to be supplied with enough oxygen to continue with its aerobic capacity and utilize fat as the main energy source.
Anaerobic exercise requires moving at an increased pace or with greater effort. Exercising this way burns more calories but results in a greater demand for oxygen which cannot be delivered in sufficient quantities to allow cells to continue burning fat. When we breath heavy we start to develop an oxygen debt and muscle cells switch to burning mainly carbohydrates, this fuel burns quickly and does not require oxygen.
Anaerobic exercises such as sprinting or weight training require more effort and up to 95% of the fuel used will be carbohydrates.
Although anaerobic exercises burn more carbohydrates they can be important in any weight loss program. They help burn fat indirectly by increasing the metabolic rate after an exercise session. Fitness expert Tom Venuto has taught thousands of people worldwide exactly how to utilize anaerobic exercises to burn the stored fat indirectly.
Seek advice from own doctor or physician before starting any new anaerobic exercise!!