- 6 Awesome Reasons to Drink More Coffee
- What You Need to Know About Matcha Green Tea Powder
- How Quarantine Can Impair Your Sleep Quality
- 6 Habits That Will Help You Live Longer
- 5 Signs of Insufficient Protein Intake
- Can Your Personality Type Affect Your Sleep Habits?
- How Winter Affects Sleep Quality
- 6 Signs You Need to Improve Your Cardiovascular Health
- The Very Real Dangers of Sugar
- Why You Need to Cut Out Soda Today!
- How to Improve Sleep Quality
- 5 Dangerous Secrets of Junk Food
- Is Your "Normal Blood Pressure" Too High?
- Probiotics: The Food to Boost Your Mood
- How to Make Your Day a Fat Burning Day
- See More Articles
Benefits of Losing Weight Effectively
Losing weight is one of the smartest things you can do! Not only will it help you to be much healthier, but it will benefit you in EVERY area of your life!
Common Benefits of Losing Weight
We all know that losing weight can help to reduce your risk of problems like heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and other disorders that are exacerbated by obesity. Lowering your body fat percentage helps to reduce the amount of fat floating around in your body, thereby reducing the chance of a heart attack or stroke. A person with a lower body mass tends to have lower blood sugar and insulin levels, thereby reducing diabetes risk. Finally, lower body fat means a more alkaline pH, reducing cancer risks.
Basically, losing weight is AMAZING for your health overall, but did you know that there are a few less commonly-known benefits of weight loss?
Other Benefits of Losing Weight
- More potential for professional success -- Studies have discovered that people who eat healthy tend to be perceived as driven, successful people by their supervisors, which increases the chance of finally getting that promotion you deserve.
- It's cheaper -- Instead of spending a fortune on snacks, cookies, chips, and junk food, you save a lot of money by eating healthy. Just cutting 100 calories of food from your day will save you nearly $200 per year!
- Increase testosterone levels -- A study found that men who were 30 or more pounds overweight had lower testosterone levels than men 5 to 10 years older than them. Considering that testosterone is linked to muscle development, sex drive, and hair growth, you can see why it's so important to control your weight!
- Promote a healthy relationship -- When you and your spouse are working together to lose weight and get fit, it gives you a common goal to work toward. Nothing brings couples together like a shared objective.
- Have more friends -- Did you know that being fit will improve your social life? Not just because you look better, but because you are more fun to be around. You'll spend more of your time playing outdoors, meaning there will be more chances for others to play alongside you.
- Increase sex skills -- Not only does losing weight help you to be healthier, but it improves your sex life as well! Obese people were 25% more likely to be dissatisfied with their sex lives than healthy people, but a simple 10% weight reduction caused their satisfaction to skyrocket! Another study discovered that men who walked for 2 hours per week scored better on a sex survey than men who didn’t.
Wow, a lot of great reasons to start losing weight, right? You'll find that there are so many benefits of losing weight, and every one of them is better than the last. From improved heart health to boosted brain function to reduced risk of disease to healthier relationships to better sex: there's so many reasons to lose weight!
Now, that being said, don't think that it's going to be easy to lose weight. The truth is that most of the weight you want to lose is going to be stubborn fat, the stuff that takes a lot of hard work and persistence to burn. You'll need to eat right, do a lot of exercise, and change your lifestyle if you want to drop those pounds that are burdening you.
However, we're here to help! All of our posts are geared toward helping you lose weight, so browse through our various sections and learn hundreds of tricks and tips to shed those last few pounds. Trust me, it's worth it!