- 6 Simple Habits to Boost Your Health
- Why You Need a Day of Rest
- 7 Spices and Herbs that Boost Your Metabolism
- Best Hunger Busting Foods
- Is This Why Your Stomach Hurts?
- How to Keep Your Blood Pressure Low
- How to Speed Up Post-Workout Recovery
- How to Have a Healthier Body in 9 Easy Steps
- 5 Amazing Fat Burning Teas
- How to Get In the Best Shape of Your Life
- 8 Best Natural Appetite Suppressing Foods
- 8 Foods to Have Healthier Eyes
- 5 Rules for Quick Fat Burning
- How Weight Loss Slows Your Metabolism
- 7 Supplements You Actually Need
- See More Articles
Different Body TypesEvery human body has different features than every other. Genetic predisposition determines largely how our bodies will form and develop even before we are born. Of course, some people just seem to be blessed with all the “right” features, while others may not be so fortunate. However, there are techniques that will enable everyone to look and feel their personal best- regardless of the particular style of body that they have to work with. Let's take a closer look at the different body types and then discuss how to get the most from each of them. First Things First: The 3 Primary Bodily Classifications All people are classified as one of the three main bodily types:
- Ectomorphic bodies are more naturally skinny than the other types. Ectomorphs have probably been skinny their entire lives and seem to be able to eat anything that they care to, and as much of it, without putting on any significant amount of weight. Ectomorphs have high rates of metabolism and are often very energetic.
- Endomorphic bodies are the opposite of the ectomorphic types. They are more naturally prone to be fat. Endomorphic individuals are “Big Boned” and have the tendency to put on weight easily – even when consuming considerably less foods than their ectomorphic counterparts. They commonly have large, round heads, short limbs and they have the ability to gain muscle tissue easily as well.
- Mesomorphic bodies are the type that fall between endomorphic and ectomorphic. Mesomorphs are able to gain muscle well – and they also have the ability to remain slim and metabolize their foods well. Mesomorphs are blessed with the best attributes of the other two types combined.
Before puberty, males and females both exhibit similar waist-hip ratios. Once puberty hits, the females begin to develop larger hips, and, of course, breasts. As we age, the female characteristics continue to change more dramatically than those of males. Women tend to distribute their fat fat stores differently than men as well – storing their excess fat tissue in their hips and thighs mainly while men store fat mainly in their mid-sections. Further Classifications for Female Body Shapes
Because women are genetically predestined to dramatically change the shape of their bodies over time, there have been further classifications created. The commonly-accepted classifications for female body types, past the classification of endo, ecto and mesomorphic, are as follows:
- The Apple – or downward triangle
Those with the Apple body style exhibit broader shoulders and busts along with narrower hip regions. Women with apple body styles are known to have elevated androgen levels. This causes the skeleton to form in a relatively masculine pattern. Hence, these women tend to store their fat more in their abdominal areas as well as their faces and chests.
- The Banana – or straight rectangle
Banana women are classified as such when there is less than a nine-inch difference between the measurements of their hips and busts. There is a somewhat high level of androgen to estrogen here as well. Fat storages occur in the face, chest, abdomen and buttocks.
- The Pea, Spoon or Bell – upward triangle
Upward triangle bodies have hips that measure larger than do the busts. Fat storage occurs mainly in the hips, buttocks and thighs. However, as fat percentage increases, it is stored more and more in the upper abdominal region and the waist.
- Hourglass – opposing, inward-facing triangles
Hourglass women tend to balance their fat storages well between both the upper and lower body regions. Hips and busts measurements are very similar. Fat is stored in the buttocks, hips, chest and arms before it is distributed to the abdominal region and/or waist.
Body Shapes by Percentage of Population
- Roughly 46% of women are classified as Banana types
- About 28% are Pears;
- Another 18% or so are Apples
- And the remaining 8% or so are Hourglasses
First of all, stop worrying so much about which body type you are. It really doesn't matter because there is nothing that you can do to change your genetic code. Instead, concentrate on being the healthiest person that you can be. The key to proper fat storage is to not have too much fat to try to store. Regardless of your body type, you need to base your dietary intake of the following types of foods:
- Whole grain products like rice, breads, cereals, pastas and more. Remember, no bleached products allowed.
- Vegetables and fruits. All non-poisonous plants are highly desirable.
- Beans, legumes, lentils, nuts, seeds and sprouts.
- Non-fat or low-fat dairy products if any at all.
- Only the leanest cuts of meat if any at all.
- Water, water and more water!
Run around the yard with the kids. You have to stay active! There are an unlimited number of activities that will help you to burn extra calories and distribute your excess fat appropriately. The point to remember is that the planet is eating way too much of the wrong foods – and not getting nearly enough physical activity. The way to make your body look its best is to eat properly and always remain active. Embrace your new healthy lifestyle – regardless of your body type - beginning today!