Categorizing the different body types is important for you to understand how to lose weight more effectively. Your body type is a scientific classification of your overall body shape, and it is determined by a combination of certain physical characteristics. Your genes determine your body type, and thus body types can never be changed, even through training.
The 3 basic body types for females and males are :
It is important to note that it is extremely rare for an individual to show 100% characteristics for their body type. We all display some characteristics from each body shape, although one type will usually dominate. It is the dominant type of characteristics which determine the actual body type that we are assigned to.
- An Endomorph Body Type is often characterised with big bones, round face, large trunk and thighs, as well as a naturally high degree of body fat, especially around the midsection. Endomorphs usually struggle to control their weight due to a slower metabolic rate over other body types. For this reason, an endomorph should be careful in their food choices. They should also choose low-calorie foods that the body can use quickly. Weight loss may be made easier if a large proportion of the diet may come from simple carb fruits, and plenty of vegetables. Complex carbohydrates can be included although in smaller portions to keep calories down. Proteins in the diet should come from foods such as lean chicken, turkey fish and aminos supplements.
- Mesomorph Body Types are characterised with broad shoulders, narrow waist, naturally large muscles and fast metabolism due to the amount of lean muscle. For men a mesomorph looks like a natural muscle man with a heavy, hard and athletic physique.
- An Ectomorph Body Shape is characterised with a thin, linear appearance. They often possess narrow waist, hips and shoulders. The ectomorph also has a low body fat percentage.An Ectomorph body type may be considered lucky to some people because their linear appearance and ultra fast metabolism enables the ectomorph to stay slim even if they eat well, however the downfall is ectomorphs lack shape due to their low muscle weight. Lean muscle weight is what gives us that shapely figure.
Train the body to mimic the best body type for controlling weight effectively!
Mesomorphs tend to be the best body types for controlling weight, they have a natural, lean shapely figure with a fast metabolism. Its possible to train any body type to mimic the effects of the mesomorph. Successfully achieving this would mean:
- Less exercise needed to control weight
- Fast metabolism would enable you to enjoy favorite foods
- Less strict on dieting
- Easier to maintain correct weight
- Less chance of weight regain
- See “washboard” abdominal muscles more clearly
- Lower fat percentage
Everyone has the physical potential to develop great shape no matter what body type you were born with. It’s simply a case that different “rules” apply to each body type. Training the body to mimic a mesomorph body type is not easy, it takes a little time and effort.
Learn more about the body somatotypes.