- The 6 Most Effective Weight Loss Tips for Every Age
- 5 Simple and Easy Weight Loss Tricks that Really Work!
- 7 Weight Loss Tricks that Will Get the Job Done
- The Truth About Your Daily Recommended Protein
- 7 Rules for Lasting Weight Loss
- 6 Simple Tricks to Guarantee Weight Loss
- 6 Cheap Ways to Lose Weight
- 5 Cold Hard Weight Loss Truths You Need to Know
- The Science-Backed Weight Loss Tips You Need to Know
- Why Aren’t You Losing Belly Fat?
- 6 Tips to Kick Fat Burning Up A Notch
- 6 Tips for Easier Weight Loss
- How to Break Through the Weight Loss Plateau
- How to Have a Healthier Brain
- What Happens When You Lose Weight?
- See More Articles
Tips to Change Your Body Fat CompositionBody composition is the difference between the amount of lean body weight compared to fat weight. Body fat composition is usually expressed as a percentage of fat. The recommendation for men is 12-16% and women 20-25% body fat. Lean body weight includes all muscles, bones, skin, hair and blood. Negative Change in Body Fat Composition A negative body fat composition change occurs when we lose the same or a larger percentage of lean weight to fat weight. This often happens when people crash diet or go for days without eating, and our body uses energy from protein and carbohydrate stores in muscles. When this happens we lose most of our weight in water.
This will mean an increase in fat percentage even though some fat will be lost. Positive Change in Body Composition A positive change in body composition is the gradual reduction of body fat stores while maintaining as much lean body weight to keep metabolism high. It requires:
- Regular gentle exercise that will help burn more fat directly.
- A diet that provides regular good low calorie source for energy and adequate protein to replace that used for energy in exercise.