- How Much Fruit Should I Be Eating Every Day?
- Are You Eating Too Much Sugar?
- How to Determine Your Daily Calories for Weight Loss
- The Safe and Smart Ways to Cut Calories for Weight Loss
- The Smart Calorie Approach to Weight Loss
- When Do You Burn Calories Most?
- 10 Crazy Low Calorie Foods to Eat A Lot of Today
- Sugar and Mental Health: What You Need to Know
- How Many Calories Do You Really Need?
- 9 Foods to Shut Down Your Appetite
- 10 Wonderfully Low Calorie Foods
- A Smart Weight Loss Tool: Calories on Nutritional Labels
- 7 Awesome Ways to Burn 1000 Calories
- Why Counting Calories is Bad For You
- Health and Fitness Tips for Living
- See More Articles
Calories in Milk and Dairy Products
When trying to lose weight and be healthy it is important to know the calorie content of the food you are eating, as well as a good list of low calorie foods.
By arming yourself with this information, you will be able to make informed decisions that will allow you to enjoy your food, and lose weight at the same time.
The table below shows calories in Milk & Dairy products, and their protein, carbohydrate, fat contents per 100g. It also shows the energy content so a comparison can be made with other products of the same group in order to see which types of foods are high and which are low in calories.
See also our calories in cheese table for a more complete listing of cheese nutritional information.
|Foods||Calories per portion (25g)||Calories per 100 grams (3.5 oz)||Engergy Content|
|Milk, skimmed||82 (250ml/ half pint)||33||low|
|Milk, semi-skimmed||125 (250ml/ half pint)||50||medium|
|Milk, soya||135 (250ml/ half pint)||54||low|
|Milk, whole||156 (250ml/ half pint)||62||medium - high|
|Yogurt, reduced fat||78 (cup, 125ml)||63||low|
|Yogurt, natural||90 (cup, 125ml)||72||medium - high|
|Cottage cheese, low fat||18||72||medium - high|
|Cottage cheese||25||98||medium - high|
|Cream, fresh (half)||37||148||medium - high|
|Egg, average size||84 (1 piece)||161||medium|
|Omelette, with cheese||468 (serving for 1 person)||187||medium|
|Trifle, with cream||290||190||medium|
|Cream, fresh (single)||50||198||medium-high|
|Ice cream, vanilla||289 (1 cup)||202||medium|
|Eggs fried||92 (1 piece)||210||medium - high|
|Cheese spreads, average||74||296||medium|
|Cheddar, average types low fat||101||403||medium|
|Cream, fresh (double)||113||449||high|
|Cream, fresh (clotted)||147||586||high|
If your weight loss is slow try to have smaller portions of naturally high calorie foods such as these dairy products. If you find that you are lactose intolerant, and you are feeling bloated and uncomfortable, you may want to discuss other options with your doctor.
It is important to remember which types of foods have the higher levels of calories when you are looking to lose weight.
Let us know if there's a dairy product missing that you would like us to add. Comment below!