- How Much Fruit Should I Be Eating Every Day?
- Are You Eating Too Much Sugar?
- How to Determine Your Daily Calories for Weight Loss
- The Safe and Smart Ways to Cut Calories for Weight Loss
- The Smart Calorie Approach to Weight Loss
- When Do You Burn Calories Most?
- 10 Crazy Low Calorie Foods to Eat A Lot of Today
- Sugar and Mental Health: What You Need to Know
- How Many Calories Do You Really Need?
- 9 Foods to Shut Down Your Appetite
- 10 Wonderfully Low Calorie Foods
- A Smart Weight Loss Tool: Calories on Nutritional Labels
- 7 Awesome Ways to Burn 1000 Calories
- Why Counting Calories is Bad For You
- Health and Fitness Tips for Living
- See More Articles
How Many Calories are in Alcoholic Drinks
Alcohol is full of empty calories. High in carbohydrates and sometimes high in fat (from cream based drinks), alcohol is an easy way to cut from your diet and help your waistline.
A typical cosmopolitan is 150 calories and a pint of beer is 110-200 calories. If you want a killer drink, literally, a pina colada has 300-600 calories in a glass. That is more than a Big Mac! Cream drinks like the pina colada use coconut cream, heavy cream or some other cream.
If you really want to have an adult beverage, go for the lighter options. Vodka with diet coke, gin with low calorie tonic, mint julep or mojito, or lighter beers.
Calories in Wine
|Wine||Calories per glass (5oz)|
|White Table Wine||84
|Red Table Wine||88|
Calories in Beer and Cider
|Beer and Cider||Calories per glass (12oz)|
|Miller lite (4.2%)||96|
|Coors Light (4.15%)||104|
|Bud light (4.2%)||110|
|Light Beer (3% alcohol)||113.2|
|Regional Breweries Beer||119|
|Regular Beer (4.5% alcohol)||139.4|
|Corona extra (4.6%)||148|
|Special Beer (5.6% alcohol)||198.2|
|Strong Beer (>8% alcohol)||198.4|
Calories in Hard Liquor
Drink Calories per glass (1.5oz)
Sherry (dry) 48
Sherry (medium) 51
Sherry (sweet) 57
Southern Comfort 70
Tia Maria 132
Rum (white and brown) 136