- How Much Fruit Should I Be Eating Every Day?
- Are You Eating Too Much Sugar?
- How to Determine Your Daily Calories for Weight Loss
- The Safe and Smart Ways to Cut Calories for Weight Loss
- The Smart Calorie Approach to Weight Loss
- When Do You Burn Calories Most?
- 10 Crazy Low Calorie Foods to Eat A Lot of Today
- Sugar and Mental Health: What You Need to Know
- How Many Calories Do You Really Need?
- 9 Foods to Shut Down Your Appetite
- 10 Wonderfully Low Calorie Foods
- A Smart Weight Loss Tool: Calories on Nutritional Labels
- 7 Awesome Ways to Burn 1000 Calories
- Why Counting Calories is Bad For You
- Health and Fitness Tips for Living
- See More Articles
Calories In Brown BreadBread is a perfect addition to any meal, breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Bread contains carbohydrates and fiber, which keeps your body working and energized. Foods high in carbohydrates are often thought to be taboo but bread calories don’t need to cause panic.
|Bread Type||Calories Per Slice||Fat per 100g|
|Whole Grain Bread||81||2.5g|
How many calories are in a slice of bread? The calories found in white bread are the most with 100 calories per slice. The calories in brown bread is 82 per slice and the calories in wheat bread is just 69. Breads with whole grains such as wheat and rye are great sources for iron and fiber. If you choose whole grain or another high fiber bread, a slice or two a day won’t hurt your diet. Bread provides you with energy and can help you feel more full when eaten alongside veggie heavy dishes. Like with any food, moderation is key. Most calories in bread come from carbohydrates. In white bread, carbohydrates come from refined flour and those calories are absorbed more rapidly than the calories in whole grain breads. The calories in whole grain breads are absorbed slower due to higher levels of fiber. High fiber foods can contain just as many calories as foods with less fiber; however, fiber fills the stomach quicker which will help you to feel full faster. Photo courtesy of lostinstockholm.com