- 10 Crazy Low Calorie Foods to Eat A Lot of Today
- Sugar and Mental Health: What You Need to Know
- How Many Calories Do You Really Need?
- 9 Foods to Shut Down Your Appetite
- 10 Wonderfully Low Calorie Foods
- A Smart Weight Loss Tool: Calories on Nutritional Labels
- 7 Awesome Ways to Burn 1000 Calories
- Why Counting Calories is Bad For You
- Health and Fitness Tips for Living
- Creating a Weight Loss Program
- Workouts to Burn More Calories than Jogging
- Busting 5 Food Myths
- Eat Your Way to a Rockin Six Pack Abs
- The Truth About Hydrating
- Calories to Lose a Pound of Body Fat
- See More Articles
How many Calories in Cheese
The number of calories in different types of cheeses is listed in the table below and shows cheese calories per 100 grams (3.5 oz). It is difficult to accurately determine the calorie content per portion as size differs between individuals and products, therefore the values are displayed for comparison purposes.
To accurately measure the calories in cheese for each portion simply weigh or estimate weight of cheese, find its value in table below then multiply that value by your portion weight in percentage. Learn more on how to count calories.
Cheese calories are often high due to a high fat content. To help lower calories from cheese and cheese products always select low calorie varieties and consume smaller portions. Remember the calories in fruits & vegetables are generally very low. Aim to fill up on these foods before eating naturally high calorie foods like cheese.
Compare cheese calories to milk calories and calories from other foods:
Calories in Cheese Table:
|Cheddar low fat||275||14g|
|Cheese Spread (average)||280||30g|
|Fromage Frais (plain)||115||6g|
|Full fat spread||315||32g|
|Medium fat soft spread||181||13.9g|
Some values for the cheese calories may vary between different products and should only be used for general comparison purposes.