- When Do You Burn Calories Most?
- 10 Crazy Low Calorie Foods to Eat A Lot of Today
- Sugar and Mental Health: What You Need to Know
- How Many Calories Do You Really Need?
- 9 Foods to Shut Down Your Appetite
- 10 Wonderfully Low Calorie Foods
- A Smart Weight Loss Tool: Calories on Nutritional Labels
- 7 Awesome Ways to Burn 1000 Calories
- Why Counting Calories is Bad For You
- Health and Fitness Tips for Living
- Creating a Weight Loss Program
- Workouts to Burn More Calories than Jogging
- Busting 5 Food Myths
- Eat Your Way to a Rockin Six Pack Abs
- The Truth About Hydrating
- See More Articles
High Calorie Foods - Delicious & Bad for YouHigh fat foods are extremely high in calories. It’s sometimes hard to believe that one doughnut contains 487 calories. Eating high calorie food can mess up a diet in just one bite, so it’s always important to be aware of the calories in the food you plan to eat.
|Food Type||Portion in Grams||Calories|
|Cheese Pizza||63 (one slice)||140|
|Chocolate Nut Spread||200||550|
|King Size Candy Bar with Peanuts||113||537|
|Red Wine Sauce||100||400|
|Sunflower Seed Oil||100||900|
|Thousand Island Dressing||100||480|
If you want to lose weight the first thing to remove from your diet is food with high fat content. Fatty foods contribute nothing to your diet except for momentary satisfaction. And while it’s true that there’s nothing like a slice of cheesy pizza, your body will thank you later if you choose a healthier option instead. Both trans fat and saturated fats are fats to watch out for. Both types of these fats can cause cholesterol, which can block your arteries and cause heart disease. Not only are these fats bad for you but also they contain a large amount of calories, which adds extra pounds. If you’re not yet willing to eliminate all high fat foods from your diet, it’s important to exercise portion control and to make room for them in your diet plan. There are also many great substitutions for high fat foods such as ricotta cheese (171 calories for ½ a cup) instead of cream cheese (405 calories for ½ cup).