- 10 Crazy Low Calorie Foods to Eat A Lot of Today
- Sugar and Mental Health: What You Need to Know
- How Many Calories Do You Really Need?
- 9 Foods to Shut Down Your Appetite
- 10 Wonderfully Low Calorie Foods
- A Smart Weight Loss Tool: Calories on Nutritional Labels
- 7 Awesome Ways to Burn 1000 Calories
- Why Counting Calories is Bad For You
- Health and Fitness Tips for Living
- Creating a Weight Loss Program
- Workouts to Burn More Calories than Jogging
- Busting 5 Food Myths
- Eat Your Way to a Rockin Six Pack Abs
- The Truth About Hydrating
- Calories to Lose a Pound of Body Fat
- See More Articles
Calories In RiceRice is an important food world-wide. It contains many vital vitamins and minerals, and is a great energy provider. With only 151 calories per half cup of boiled white rice, it’s a great food for those on a diet. Brown rice is even better with only 140 calories per half cup and larger doses of nutrients. Rice is a fantastic addition to any diet.
|Rice and Rice Dishes||Calories per 100g (3.5oz)|
|White Boiled Rice||151|
|Brown Boiled Rice||140|
|Egg Fried Rice||210|
|Chicken Fried Rice||220|
|Spiced Basmati Rice||195|
There are many different types of rice; the two most widely known rice types are white rice and brown rice. Brown rice is the healthier option and has about three times as many vitamins and minerals than white rice. Rice is low in fat, low in sodium, and contains no cholesterol. Rice is gluten free which is great for those with gluten intolerance. Since rice is rich in nutrients, it’s a good addition to any meal, especially if you choose to eat your rice plain. A half-cup of white boiled rice contains only 151 calories and a half-cup of brown boiled rice contains 140 calories. Eating rice is a great way to feel full fast, but beware of rice that’s been fried or has other fatty additives, which can easily up your calorie intake.