- 10 Crazy Low Calorie Foods to Eat A Lot of Today
- Sugar and Mental Health: What You Need to Know
- How Many Calories Do You Really Need?
- 9 Foods to Shut Down Your Appetite
- 10 Wonderfully Low Calorie Foods
- A Smart Weight Loss Tool: Calories on Nutritional Labels
- 7 Awesome Ways to Burn 1000 Calories
- Why Counting Calories is Bad For You
- Health and Fitness Tips for Living
- Creating a Weight Loss Program
- Workouts to Burn More Calories than Jogging
- Busting 5 Food Myths
- Eat Your Way to a Rockin Six Pack Abs
- The Truth About Hydrating
- Calories to Lose a Pound of Body Fat
- See More Articles
Amount of Calories in a Wine GlassIf you’re a wine lover the calories in a glass of wine may be a concern. A glass of red wine contains 88 calories and a glass of white wine contains 84 calories. Hard liquor drinks and beer can also pack on the calories. As with any alcoholic drinks, moderation is always important.
|Wine||Calories per glass (5oz)|
|White Table Wine||84
|Red Table Wine||88|
Alcohol is notriously calorie-ridden but over the recent years wine (especially red wine) has become a favorite beverage of health enthusiasts since it contains high levels of antioxidants and research has shown that wine in moderation can help prevent coronary disease. However, your body burns alcohol before it burns fat, protein, or carbs which can add to extra, unwanted pounds. One glass of wine with dinner will not hurt your diet, but considering wine is easy to drink a second and third glass, consider the amount of calories you will pack on. If you are a wine lover try to look through your regular diet and see where you can cut back in other areas. Switch to soda for water and potato chips for fruit and you’ll have room in your diet for a glass of Merlot. Remember to moderate your intake of alcohol, especially if you are on a diet since you don’t want the extra calories. A good way to slow down drinking is to have a glass of water alongside dinner, and drink water instead of wine when you are thirsty. This will help you stick to one glass, keep you hydrated, and ensure that you aren’t adding anymore calories to your diet. Cheers!