- Make the Perfect Bowl of High Protein Oatmeal
- Health Improvement, Weight Loss and Happiness
- 6 Reasons to Eat More Beans
- 4 Whole Grains You Need More Of
- The 8 Best Snacks for All Occasions
- Foods to Get Rid of Forever
- The Worst Foods to Feed Your Body
- How Sugar Stops You From Being Productive
- Healthy Foods Way Too High in Sugar
- Foods to Feed Your Brain
- Are Sports Drinks Dangerous For Your Health?
- The Food Lover's Diet
- Processed Food is Out to Get You
- The Ornish Diet for Weight Loss
- Is Going Gluten-Free Wise?
- See More Articles
Carbohydrates in a BananaThe table below lists amount of carbohydrates in banana. Calorie content of bananas have also been included as most of its energy comes from carbohydrate. The table also lists its starch to sugar value however this ratio changes depending on the ripeness of the fruit, the starch content falls and the sugar content rises as a banana ripens. The difference between starch and sugar is to do with length. Sugars are smaller usually one or two single or different sugar boned together to form a small molecule. Starch is a chain of sugars bonded together to form a much larger molecule.
Banana Carbohydrates Table
|Banana flesh only||108||17.5g||1.7g||15.7g|
|Banana nutrients||Potassium||Magnesium||Sodium||B Vits|
|Quantity Offered||0.422g (high)||32mg (high)||1mg (low)||15% daily needs|