- Make the Perfect Bowl of High Protein Oatmeal
- Health Improvement, Weight Loss and Happiness
- 6 Reasons to Eat More Beans
- 4 Whole Grains You Need More Of
- The 8 Best Snacks for All Occasions
- Foods to Get Rid of Forever
- The Worst Foods to Feed Your Body
- How Sugar Stops You From Being Productive
- Healthy Foods Way Too High in Sugar
- Foods to Feed Your Brain
- Are Sports Drinks Dangerous For Your Health?
- The Food Lover's Diet
- Processed Food is Out to Get You
- The Ornish Diet for Weight Loss
- Is Going Gluten-Free Wise?
- See More Articles
Wine CarbohydratesIf you’re on a low carb diet you’re probably watching every bite and continually checking the carb content on the nutrition labels. But have you thought about the carbohydrate content in drinks? The carbohydrates in a glass of wine are minimal compared to calories. A glass of wine has only 0.5 grams of carbohydrates but 83 calories. Alcohol burns faster than fat, protein, and carbohydrates so even if you’re on a low carb diet, wine should not be your low carb drink of choice. If you’re looking to lose weight, diet experts suggest cutting alcohol out of your diet. Alcohol contains calories with no added nutritional value.
|Wine||Wine Carbohydrates (grams)||Calories|
|Red Table Wine||0.5||83|
|White Table Wine||0.8||77|
If you’re on a low carb diet be aware that even food and drinks with low carb content can contain high amounts of calories, which will add unwanted pounds. If you’re having a glass of wine with dinner, try to enjoy it for what it is and not part of any diet plan.