- When Do You Burn Calories Most?
- 10 Crazy Low Calorie Foods to Eat A Lot of Today
- Sugar and Mental Health: What You Need to Know
- How Many Calories Do You Really Need?
- 9 Foods to Shut Down Your Appetite
- 10 Wonderfully Low Calorie Foods
- A Smart Weight Loss Tool: Calories on Nutritional Labels
- 7 Awesome Ways to Burn 1000 Calories
- Why Counting Calories is Bad For You
- Health and Fitness Tips for Living
- Creating a Weight Loss Program
- Workouts to Burn More Calories than Jogging
- Busting 5 Food Myths
- Eat Your Way to a Rockin Six Pack Abs
- The Truth About Hydrating
- See More Articles
Easy Ways to Get in ShapePeople often associate getting into shape with boring workout routines and drab diet plans. If you are serious about getting healthy and fit, it doesn't have to be that way. If you want to get in shape and stay that way, the best way to accomplish it is to change the way you think about fitness. Once you eliminate the stress of “the diet/exercise cycle”, you can learn to live and be healthier. Turn Chores into Exercise We all have chores to do. Yard work, house cleaning, whatever the task may be, it can be turned into exercise. Rake the yard for a few more minutes. Dance around the house while you vacuum the carpet. Stretch while you dust the furniture. Jog while you take for your dog for a walk. Once you begin to spice up your boring household chores with various types of movement, you won't ever get bored with them again. Forget About Dieting to Get in Shape Don’t get hung up on dieting. It becomes discouraging and many people often give up because they become overwhelmed. People who want to get in shape often talk themselves out of it before they start, because they fear failing at another diet. Just remember the golden rule of weight loss, “The more calories you consume, the more exercise you must perform.” So if you want to eat more you’ll need to exercise more. It helps to replace bad foods with healthier choices because you will feel full faster. Also, make it a point to exercise more and the battle will be half over. Choose Healthier Beverages
Add green tea and lemon water your beverages of choice. Both of these drinks will curb your appetite and enhance your health. Eliminate unhealthy beverages like carbonated soda, diet powders and anything that includes artificial sweeteners, chemicals, or preservatives. The body needs extra water to flush away toxins and waste. Water hydrates the body and is vitally important to all the body's metabolic functions. Although artificial sweeteners may convince the body it is no longer hungry, in the process it will throw your blood glucose levels off balance and that can actually cause hunger to return much faster.