- 7 Quick and Dirty Tips for Healthier Dieting
- How to Keep Off the Weight Once You Lose It
- 5 Delicious and Healthy Ingredients to Add to Your Coffee
- 10 Keys to Eating Right
- The Right Time to Eat Carbs
- 5 Simple Tricks to Improve Your Healthy Eating Habits
- 5 Nutrient Rich Foods for Vegetarians
- 7 Simple Diet Changes that Will Change Your Life
- Why You Need a High Fat Diet
- High Fiber Diets Don't Always Work
- How to Reboot Your Diet
- How to Get In the Best Shape of Your Life
- Why Elimination Diets Don’t Work
- Can Eating Pizza Be Healthy?
- How Dangerous is Soy Really?
- See More Articles
The Ediet's Medifast Dieting ProgramThe Medifast Diet has been around for almost three decades. Although the diet is now readily accessible, it used to be prescribed only to extremely overweight patients; the patients were closely monitored by their doctor or physician. The Medifast Diet is a high-protein, low-calorie meal replacement program designed to help individuals lose large amounts of weight in a short period of time. The diets cater women and men which is better than other diets that disregard gender. Those on the Medifast Diet plan typically do not experience hunger due to the large percentage of protein and fiber that are offered in each of the many meal replacements. Meals are delivered conveniently to your home or home office and you and you can choose from over 70 meal options including oatmeal, eggs, shakes, pudding, soup, and chili, just to name a few. You can expect to lose up to 20 pounds in the first month on the Medifast Diet.
What You Can Eat
While on the Medifast Diet you can choose five meal replacements from the available selections, plus prepare one “lean and green” meal on their own.
- Five to seven ounces of lean meat or fish each day
- 3 servings of low-carb vegetables
- Fruits, alcohol, high-carb vegetables, grains, sweet foods, and fats are off limits
- Sugar-free snacks can be eaten in moderation
1. There is no need to worry about counting calories, carbohydrates, or proteins; all of the meals are pre-prepared for added convenience. It is almost like having your own personal chef.
2. The Medifast Diet is also great for those that are just starting out on their weight loss journey and for diabetics. The sugars contained in the meals are very low and the meals contain all of the essential vitamins and minerals needed to support the vital organs. 3. The meals are well-balanced and they offer a variety of options to ensure that they do not become boring. The large amount of weight loss in a short period of time is one thing that sets the Medifast Diet apart from other diets on the market. Cons of the Medifast Diet
1. Research suggests that eating fewer than 1,200 calories per day is dangerous for anyone’s health. 2. Eating too few calories results in a slower metabolism, puts the body in starvation mode, and causes the body to lose muscle mass. 3. The diet does not allow for the consumption of sweets, alcohol, excessive amounts of caffeinated products, most fruits, grains, and high-carb vegetables. The Medifast Diet has been around for several decades. Although the diet is restrictive, Medifast Diet nutritionists continue to create nutritionally-balanced and complete meal replacements. Be sure to ask your doctor about the diet and if it is right for you.