- How Much Exercise is Good For Your Health?
- How to Be Safe at Newly Reopened Gyms
- Do You Need an Exercise Ball in Your Life?
- Try This Fun and Unique Deck of Cards Workout Routine
- 6 Tools to Help You Recover from Sore Muscles
- 9 Simple Household Items You Can Use as Home Gym Equipment
- How to Safely Exercise Even in a Pandemic
- Do You Get Exercise Headaches? Here’s What to Do…
- Why Your Workout May Be Causing Weight Gain
- Running for Weight Loss: How to Do it Right
- Your Ass Kicking Home HIIT Workout
- Stop Thinking of Exercise as a Weight Loss Tool
- Why Free Weights are Your New Best Friend at the Gym
- How to Change Your Workout As You Age
- How to Gain Muscle the Easy and Effective Way
- See More Articles
The best way to exercise to burn fat and tone muscle
The best way to exercise will depend on whether you want fat burning, fitness or muscle toning. The way we choose to exercise determines the results and which fuel the working cells use, for example, a more aggressive way of exercising will result in the use of carbohydrates as the main source of energy and will even stress the muscles enough to cause the toning or building up of muscle. A more gentle way of exercising means the cells can best use the slow-burning fuel - fat!
Time may also come into the equation, the best way to exercise for effective fat burning is at a low intensity for at least 30 minutes. However, for increased fitness it requires a moderate level of effort but performed for 15 minutes.
As can be seen there are different ways to exercise in order to gain various benefits. The obvious and best way to gain all exercise benefits will be to include various different ways of exercising on alternate days. A routine that challenges the body in all areas of physical fitness is the best way to gain faster progress because the human body always finds a way to adapt to the stress of repeated workouts!