- The More Physical Activity the Merrier!
- 5 Simple Exercises to Relieve Lower Back Pain
- Add These 7 Foods to Your Diet for Better Weight Loss
- Why Walk After You Eat?
- The 7 Most Important Bodybuilding Exercises You Can Do
- Is it Time to Find a New Gym?
- What Exercise Burns the Most Calories?
- 6 Simple Exercises to Improve Your Posture
- 7 Wicked Chest Exercises to Replace Push-Ups
- How to Deal with Daily Aches and Pains the Healthy Way
- How to Fit in a Midday Workout
- 6 Workout Habits That are Setting You Back
- The Truth About Your Favorite Fitness Myths
- 5 Simple Moves to Stretch Away the Stiffness
- A Few Minutes of Daily Exercise Means Years of Longer Life
- See More Articles
The Importance of Exercising for SeniorsBy Patricia ZelmEmmart CHHC, AADP As you begin to age, the risk for diseases and health issues increase. It would be great to have energy and feel good as a twenty year old and as a sixty year old. But that is not possible. To keep a high level of energy and feel young, take part in a regular exercise regiment to give your body energy and vitality. Benefits of Exercising:
These exercises are:
Activities that strengthen the heart.
Exercises that build muscles.
Exercises for flexibility, to reduce injuries.
- Park the car out farther in the parking lot.
- Take the stairs rather than the elevator.
- Take a short walk in the park.
- Start ballroom dance lessons.
- Join a fitness group at your local YMCA or Senior Center.
- Take Tai Chi classes.
- Take gentle or chair yoga classes.
- Take Qi Gong classes.