- How to Be Safe at Newly Reopened Gyms
- Do You Need an Exercise Ball in Your Life?
- Try This Fun and Unique Deck of Cards Workout Routine
- 6 Tools to Help You Recover from Sore Muscles
- 9 Simple Household Items You Can Use as Home Gym Equipment
- How to Safely Exercise Even in a Pandemic
- Do You Get Exercise Headaches? Here’s What to Do…
- Why Your Workout May Be Causing Weight Gain
- Running for Weight Loss: How to Do it Right
- Your Ass Kicking Home HIIT Workout
- Stop Thinking of Exercise as a Weight Loss Tool
- Why Free Weights are Your New Best Friend at the Gym
- How to Change Your Workout As You Age
- How to Gain Muscle the Easy and Effective Way
- The 5 Mobility Exercises to Do Before Every Workout
- See More Articles
7 Ways to Mentally Prepare for ExercisingBy Patricia ZelmEmmart CHHC, AADP Feeling overwhelmed and wondering how to fit an exercise routine into your already busy schedule. Fitting it in could be as easy as changing your mind set. As you change your mind set toward exercising regularly you will notice it becoming more fun to make time for exercise. Keep in mind that exercises not only helps you look good, but it will make you feel better.
By being physical, you will pump endorphins throughout your body that helps relieve stress. Endorphins are chemicals that are produced in the brain. When these chemicals are released into the body, there is less pain throughout the body and feelings of happiness flow over you. This will help you to deal better with your busy lifestyle. Here are some things to keep in mind, while preparing yourself for an exercise program.
- Set goals
By setting realistic goals for yourself, you will be able to reach them without giving up.
- Put it on your calendar
Schedule your exercise time into your busy schedule. Remember, you practice good time management in every other area, why not for your exercise time. You desire this time!
- Get an exercise buddy
Get a friend or join a group that wants to exercise. You all can support and encourage each other through those times you aren’t feeling the motivation to get out there and move.
- Choose an activity that you enjoy
This may take trying a few classes or activities to find the one that is right for you, as it will be worth it. If you like the activity you will find it mentally easier to continue with it.
- Invest in good, upbeat and fun music
By taking some time to do this, you will find it will help you to stay excited about your activity. While you are at it, pick up some new exercise clothes to give yourself a lift.
- Have fun
Have fun at whatever you do! Remember, you will not find everyday fun for many different reasons, but that feeling will pass.
- Eat healthy
Make sure to eat good healthy food daily and drink water often. A healthy diet will give great fuel to your body for both your busy schedule and to continue your exercise routine.