- How Much Exercise is Good For Your Health?
- How to Be Safe at Newly Reopened Gyms
- Do You Need an Exercise Ball in Your Life?
- Try This Fun and Unique Deck of Cards Workout Routine
- 6 Tools to Help You Recover from Sore Muscles
- 9 Simple Household Items You Can Use as Home Gym Equipment
- How to Safely Exercise Even in a Pandemic
- Do You Get Exercise Headaches? Here’s What to Do…
- Why Your Workout May Be Causing Weight Gain
- Running for Weight Loss: How to Do it Right
- Your Ass Kicking Home HIIT Workout
- Stop Thinking of Exercise as a Weight Loss Tool
- Why Free Weights are Your New Best Friend at the Gym
- How to Change Your Workout As You Age
- How to Gain Muscle the Easy and Effective Way
- See More Articles
Losing Weight with a Rowing Machine
The rowing machine is another exercise equipment ideal for losing weight. Rowing machines have great calorie burning potential because they exercise larger muscle groups of both the upper and lower body regions. The help tone the thighs and buttocks, firm up the arms and all the back muscles together. Another positive point about the rowing machine is the ability for the user to create a rhythmic style while exercising. This technique really helps the body "switch" into that and after about 10 minutes of rowing you can rest assured your body is burning fat constantly to help you lose fat weight effectively.
Benefits of rowing for losing weight
- home use
- great fat burning potential
- good overall calorie burning
- great for building fitness
- ideal for people new to exercise
- ideal if bad weather means no other activities available
- watch TV or listen to music during a workout
- no pressure to knees and ankles so low injury risk
- helps develop a little leg strength & tone
- air/fan assisted rowing machines help cool down skin while working out
Because rowing machines can benefit with burning lots of calories it means less workout time is needed for every session than say using an stationary exercise bike to lose weight, which only tends to exercise the lower regions over a shorter range of motion. This will save the dieter valuable time rather than exercising on a stationary bike for 40 minutes you should be able to comfortably burn the same number of calories with rowing for about 25 minutes, although remember the number of calories burned really depends on how a person exercises as well as their body make up. A rowing machine has many benefits over many other exercise equipment and I personally believe it is one of the best exercises for losing weight!
Negative sides of using a rowing machine for losing weight
- may become boring after a few workouts
- aerobic type of exercise so less chance of boosting overall metabolism rate
- can be expensive if on a budget
- some are noisy
Choosing a rowing machine
With so many different rowing machines available on the market it can be a challenging to find the best rower to suit individual budgets and requirements. There are some rowing machines that come with various difficulty settings which allows you to train that little harder if you want to go for fitness gains. Many modern rowers also have digital displays that can show heart rate, estimation of calories burned and the distance travelled. Some can be folded away for easy storage however the more features often equals a greater price. Decide what you want to get from your workouts before choosing a rowing machine for losing weight. Remember that using a rower alone wont be the only way to lose weight, it may be best to use various forms of exercise to maintain motivation levels and keep up weight loss progress.