- The Truth About Your Favorite Fitness Myths
- 5 Simple Moves to Stretch Away the Stiffness
- A Few Minutes of Daily Exercise Means Years of Longer Life
- How to Survive Winter Workouts
- The 6 Resistance Training Exercises You Should Avoid
- Why You Need a Stronger Core
- How to Prepare for a Grueling Workout
- Why You Need to Rest More
- Why You Should Walk 30 Minutes a Day
- Trouble Running Faster? Try These Tricks!
- Why Summer is the Perfect Time for Stretching Workouts
- How to Avoid Skipping Workouts
- How Often to Work Out
- How to Get Lean
- How to Speed Up Post-Workout Recovery
- See More Articles
Benefits of using an exercise aerobic stepper to lose weight
An aerobic stepper machine is one simple way to burn extra calories to help lose weight. They are simple to use and fairly cheap to buy. These can be used in the comfort of own home while listening to favorite music or watching TV.
With so many exercise equipment available for the dieter to lose weight it can be a hard choice to decide which equipment would be best to buy. So what are the benefits of using an aerobic stepper to lose weight:
Benefits aerobic stepping
very easy to do
ideal if bad weather means no other activities available
watch TV during a workout
Helps tone legs
Negative side to using aerobic steppers for weight loss
only tends to work legs and buttocks
not good at burning lots of calories
may become very boring after a few workouts
less chance of boosting overall metabolism rate
I believe an aerobic stepper is not the best equipment to use to help lose weight. There are far more exercises which would help burn greater amount of fat than an aerobic stepping machine. Exercises such as rowing and walking may be best to start if you're on a budget. A rower would cost a lot more but these are one of the best ways to burn lots of calories and lose fat weight.
To save the cost of buying an aerobic stepper machine I use the bottom of a flight of stairs at home. As long as the step is secure and between 6-8 inches high, and you workout at a comfortable, easy pace it then this can be just as good as forking out for an aerobic stepping machine.
Even though an aerobic stepper wont burn the most calories it's possible to boost its calorie-burning potential and make the aerobic stepper more effective for burning calories. I introduce arm movements at the same time as stepping, although it's important to make sure the arm movements are done in a similar rhythm to the leg movements in order to maintain good balance.