- Your Ass Kicking Home HIIT Workout
- Stop Thinking of Exercise as a Weight Loss Tool
- Why Free Weights are Your New Best Friend at the Gym
- How to Change Your Workout As You Age
- How to Gain Muscle the Easy and Effective Way
- The 5 Mobility Exercises to Do Before Every Workout
- 9 Summer Fat Burning Activities to Kick Start Your Weight Loss
- How to Maximize Your Spin Workout
- The 5 Types of Exercise You Should be Doing
- How to Get Motivated to Work Out This New Year
- The More Physical Activity the Merrier!
- 5 Simple Exercises to Relieve Lower Back Pain
- Add These 7 Foods to Your Diet for Better Weight Loss
- Why Walk After You Eat?
- The 7 Most Important Bodybuilding Exercises You Can Do
- See More Articles
The Best Time to Exercise for Fat BurningReducing calories in the diet is very important for consistent weight loss progress. There always needs to be a small calorie deficit for fat loss to continue through until you achieve your ultimate goal. Regular exercise helps drive a calorie deficit but, correctly timing the exercise can help encourage results more quickly. An exercise regime of 30 minutes a day can be a great start but, with good timing you can expect faster results. For instance, if you ate a meal then went to the gym, it could take you 30 minutes just to burn off what you had just eaten before getting to lose any excess fat storage. However, if I did a workout before a meal, then I’m confident that I’ll be burning much more energy from my fat stores. In other words, my body has no energy credit to burn before using up the fat storage.
Times to train:
- Early in the morning.
Set your alarm 30 minutes or one hour earlier and start the day with a run, a swim or a yoga class. Your last meal was several hours ago which makes your body using energy from stored body fat.
- Before lunch.
Why don't you go in your lunch break to the nearest gym and train for an hour? This brings a change in your daily routine and you will do something for your body. After your workout you can have a healthy lunch.
- During the day.
Try to contribute as much activity as possible in your day. In so doing you make sure you spend a lot of energy even if you might not make it for your workout.
- Walk to the office.
- Take a fast walk in your lunch break.
- Use the bike to a date with friends.