- The 6 Resistance Training Exercises You Should Avoid
- Why You Need a Stronger Core
- How to Prepare for a Grueling Workout
- Why You Need to Rest More
- Why You Should Walk 30 Minutes a Day
- Trouble Running Faster? Try These Tricks!
- Why Summer is the Perfect Time for Stretching Workouts
- How to Avoid Skipping Workouts
- How Often to Work Out
- How to Get Lean
- How to Speed Up Post-Workout Recovery
- 7 Best Leg Workouts
- The Pros and Cons of Spinning Workouts
- The Anti-Aging Benefits of HIIT Training
- How to Find Motivation to Work Out
- See More Articles
The Best Time to Exercise for Fat BurningReducing calories in the diet is very important for consistent weight loss progress. There always needs to be a small calorie deficit for fat loss to continue through until you achieve your ultimate goal. Regular exercise helps drive a calorie deficit but, correctly timing the exercise can help encourage results more quickly. An exercise regime of 30 minutes a day can be a great start but, with good timing you can expect faster results. For instance, if you ate a meal then went to the gym, it could take you 30 minutes just to burn off what you had just eaten before getting to lose any excess fat storage. However, if I did a workout before a meal, then I’m confident that I’ll be burning much more energy from my fat stores. In other words, my body has no energy credit to burn before using up the fat storage.
Times to train:
- Early in the morning.
Set your alarm 30 minutes or one hour earlier and start the day with a run, a swim or a yoga class. Your last meal was several hours ago which makes your body using energy from stored body fat.
- Before lunch.
Why don't you go in your lunch break to the nearest gym and train for an hour? This brings a change in your daily routine and you will do something for your body. After your workout you can have a healthy lunch.
- During the day.
Try to contribute as much activity as possible in your day. In so doing you make sure you spend a lot of energy even if you might not make it for your workout.
- Walk to the office.
- Take a fast walk in your lunch break.
- Use the bike to a date with friends.