Benefits of Using a Mini Trampoline to Lose Weight
When it comes to safely shedding those extra pounds, a low-impact mini trampoline might be just the solution for those individuals who are overweight, unmotivated, living sedentary lifestyles, and have a poor health status or are prone to knee and ankle injuries.
The pros of using a mini trampoline:
• A lower risk of injuries than alternative forms of exercise; protective gear is available that can help ensure safety.
• A greater likelihood that the user will stick to their workout routine and lose weight since the rebounder is fun and easy to use, especially for beginners.
• No special skills or knowledge is required to use it.
• Work out comfortably and safely at home. No need to feel self-conscious or embarrassed about appearance which often occurs when exercising in public.
• Physical and mental health benefits including improved posture, coordination, strength, circulation, and cardiovascular and aerobic health, as well as reductions in stress and strain.
• Portability. Mini trampolines are small, lightweight, and easy to store out of the way or move from one room to another or from indoors to outdoors to take in fresh air, and can be easily packed in a car.
• Ability to perform other enjoyable and distracting tasks at the same time such as listening to music, watching television, taking care of business or conversing with friends over the phone, or keeping an eye on the children.
• Means to keep the skin cool and comfortable while exercising using air/fan assisted rowing machines.
• Cost savings. A mini trampoline is inexpensive
compared to many other types of exercise equipment, and it eliminates the need to drive to or pay for a costly gym membership.
• Fun and easy to use. See, workouts can be fun!
The cons of using a trampoline:
• Injury is still possible, especially in those with balance issues, the elderly, and children
• Not a high-calorie-burning activity
• Used alone it has limited workout potential as many exercises cannot be performed
• Not suitable or supportive enough for the extremely obese
Although workouts on a mini trampoline will not burn a huge number of calories because the springs work to absorb the body’s weight and the rebound effect minimizes the need for the user to exert energy to continue exercising, it offers an excellent means to slowly ramp up activity levels and at the same time improve coordination, circulation, aerobic fitness, muscle strength, stamina, endurance, and the overall state of health which can play an important role in weight loss.
But the actual number of calories burned on a mini trampoline is not necessarily inconsequential. It depends on several factors including weight, height, and sex. For example, a male weighing 180 pounds and standing 5 feet 8 inches tall will burn about 6 calories per minute on average, while a woman who weighs 160 pounds and is 5 feet 5 inches tall will burn about 5 calories per minute during the same time period.
Mini trampolines may also help a dieter exercise in a more sensible and effective manner rather than training too intensely and too quickly which can result in injuries being sustained or an unproductive overtrained state where total rest, which burns less energy, becomes necessary to recover.
With the benefits far outweighing the risks and limitations, mini trampolines appear to offer a safe and effective approach to weight loss for all ages, especially dieters who are injury-prone, want a simple option for home exercise, are restricted due to health issues, or cannot otherwise handle a more intense workout program.