- The 6 Resistance Training Exercises You Should Avoid
- Why You Need a Stronger Core
- How to Prepare for a Grueling Workout
- Why You Need to Rest More
- Why You Should Walk 30 Minutes a Day
- Trouble Running Faster? Try These Tricks!
- Why Summer is the Perfect Time for Stretching Workouts
- How to Avoid Skipping Workouts
- How Often to Work Out
- How to Get Lean
- How to Speed Up Post-Workout Recovery
- 7 Best Leg Workouts
- The Pros and Cons of Spinning Workouts
- The Anti-Aging Benefits of HIIT Training
- How to Find Motivation to Work Out
- See More Articles
Benefits of using a treadmill to lose weight
A treadmill workout has become a very popular way to lose weight and burn off fat. The great thing about using a treadmill is you can create a different workout to suit all energy levels. If you feel low energy then jump on the treadmill walk gently maybe to the sound of your favorite music.
With a treadmill workout it's possible to walk, brisk walk or run at a pace, they allow the workout to be customized to match preference. Effective treadmill workouts can also be adapted depending on whether you wish to burn fat or gain fitness, you simply adjust the speed level to make the heart work harder for fitness or slower for fat burning.
When using a treadmill you'll burn about the same number of calories as walking or running outside however, the great thing is you never have put up with the sounds of vehicles, people or even the pollution that comes from living near a city. There is also the benefit of no rain or wind to contend with, plus a treadmill workout can be done any time; day or night.
As I believe walking is one of the best weight loss exercises for most people a treadmill would be a worthwhile investment if you can afford a couple hundred dollars.