- The 6 Resistance Training Exercises You Should Avoid
- Why You Need a Stronger Core
- How to Prepare for a Grueling Workout
- Why You Need to Rest More
- Why You Should Walk 30 Minutes a Day
- Trouble Running Faster? Try These Tricks!
- Why Summer is the Perfect Time for Stretching Workouts
- How to Avoid Skipping Workouts
- How Often to Work Out
- How to Get Lean
- How to Speed Up Post-Workout Recovery
- 7 Best Leg Workouts
- The Pros and Cons of Spinning Workouts
- The Anti-Aging Benefits of HIIT Training
- How to Find Motivation to Work Out
- See More Articles
Benefits of Exercising with a GroupBy Patricia ZelmEmmart CHHC, AADP To maximize your exercise goals consider exercising with a friend or finding a group. Doing so may be beneficial for your health. A study done by the International Journal of Stress Management showed that the individuals were not only calmer, but also felt more benefits from their workout in a group more than if they worked out alone. Another finding was that both men and women had a positive experience working with others, with men more so though. Men need the camaraderie and increased competition that exercising in a group gives.
Benefits of group exercising:
Each person in the group giving the others encouragement to keep going.
Exercising in a group may lead to friendships being formed.
A group environment gives a certain amount of accountability to each person.
Exercising in itself isn’t always fun, but sharing the time with others can make it more enjoyable, and helps to pass the time.
By exercising alone you hit plateaus, but with a group you will challenge yourself.
- Ask your coworkers.
- Meet people at the gym.
- Take classes at the gym.
- Ask at your local sporting stores for groups.
- Contact local sports teams.
- Join mall walking groups. While some people prefer to exercise alone, many do better in the company of others. They feel supported and have camaraderie, which pushes them to keep going. Whatever the type and level of activity you’re into, you’ll find the support if you need it.