- 5 Cold Hard Weight Loss Truths You Need to Know
- The Science-Backed Weight Loss Tips You Need to Know
- Why Aren’t You Losing Belly Fat?
- 6 Tips to Kick Fat Burning Up A Notch
- 6 Tips for Easier Weight Loss
- How to Break Through the Weight Loss Plateau
- How to Have a Healthier Brain
- What Happens When You Lose Weight?
- The 5 Most Effective Daily Weight Loss Habits
- 7 Plants For More Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Rope Skipping Forms Your Whole Body
- Best Exercises to Tone Your Thighs
- Alli Fat loss new approved weight loss pill
- Recipes low in fat for your low calorie needs
- Our Relationship to Foods
- See More Articles
Fat in Chicken
The table below shows how much fat in fresh chicken from different parts prepared using various cooking methods. The fat content is calculated for 100 grams ( 3.5 ounces ). An average chicken portion is usually about 150 grams however portion size will vary between individuals.
Chicken breast is the leanest part of a fresh chicken but in the table it shows chicken fat is lower in chicken legs, this is simply because the bone was included on weighing. In reality a bone is often present in the leg and the bone may make up 30% of the weight. In fact a chicken leg contains more fat than the breast for meat only.
The chicken fat in the darker meat is slightly higher in fat however it is rich in iron. The chicken fat from the skin is very high so it should be removed to lower the fat content if you want to lose weight.
Chicken fat table:
|Chicken portion 100g (3.5oz)||Fat||Calories|
|Chicken Breast only - Boiled||5 grams||154|
|- roasted chicken breast||6.6g||170|
|- grilled using Lean Grilling Machine||4g||143|
|- deep fried chicken breast||10g||200|
|Chicken Leg + bone, no skin - boiled||4g||120|
|- roasted with oil||5g||143|
|- grilled using Grilling Machine||2g||182|
|- deep fried chicken leg||8g||170|
|Chicken Wing + bones with skin - boiled||5.7g||166|
|- roasted with little oil||7.3g||177|
|- grilled using Machine||4.6g||153|
|- deep fried chicken wing||11g||210|
|Breast with breadcrumbs, fried||12.7g||241|
|Fried in batter||12g||233|
Chicken Fat | Fat in Beef | Fat content in Fish | Fat in Mcdonalds | Fat Iron rich foods | Fat Potassium rich foods