- How to Have a Healthier Brain
- What Happens When You Lose Weight?
- The 5 Most Effective Daily Weight Loss Habits
- 7 Plants For More Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Rope Skipping Forms Your Whole Body
- Best Exercises to Tone Your Thighs
- Alli Fat loss new approved weight loss pill
- Recipes low in fat for your low calorie needs
- Our Relationship to Foods
- Foods Rich in Iodine
- Ketogenic Diet
- Vitamin E Rich Foods
- Great Sources of Simple Carbohydrate Foods
- Excellent Sources of Complex Carbohydrates
- Reduce weight slowly
- See More Articles
Maximum Fat Loss in One WeekThe maxiumum amount of body fat (not weight loss) an average person could lose in one week depends on the individual, but generally around 2 pounds! This might seem little, but there are 3500 calories of energy in 1 pound of fat, even if you could create a deficit of 1000 calories each day. This would equal 2 pounds of fat loss per week (7000 divide by 3500). You cannot realistically lose any more body fat because you cannot live without food. In other words, you can only create so much of an energy deficit within the diet. You must still have adequate food/nutritional intake or your body will break down huge amounts of lean body weight and muscle in order to continually supply the necessary proteins and essential nutrients. Starving oneself will only cause a reduced metabolism and limit any further fat loss! Some people may think 2 pounds is not enough. But you must realise that:
- If it was consistent, the loss would equal 24 pounds in 12 weeks!
- And you must remember the majority would be FAT LOSS and not just weight.
The result of this fictional case would be:
- Starting Weight – 200 pounds (120 pounds of lean mass and 80 pounds of stored fat (=40%))
- Losing 24 pounds of pure fat = 56 pounds of stored fat left.
- If we add the lean weight back to the remaining fat we get 176 pounds in total weight.
- This means a new body fat percentage of 32%.
If you persist with an exercise regime for just a few more weeks, the gradual fat loss will continue but muscle growth will cease and you’ll start to see the results on the weighing scales once more. Growth stops for one main reason
Muscle needs energy to build up, that is fact! Yes, I know you’re consuming fewer calories than required but if you have ample amounts of stored body fat then your body can use up the excess for normal daily maintenance then use your nutritional intake for the new muscle. This is the reason why building up a faster metabolism through extra muscle growth is a great way to help the body use up its excess fat stores. The best way to achieve faster weight loss is to increase the metabolism by feeding the muscle and exercising to burn off the excess fat. This is by far the best way to permanent and final weight loss because the higher metabolism will ensure your body demands a greater energy consumption, and this is good news because you will not need to stick to horribly strict diets in order to maintain a great figure you’ve always wanted!