- 6 Signs You Need to Improve Your Cardiovascular Health
- The Very Real Dangers of Sugar
- Why You Need to Cut Out Soda Today!
- How to Improve Sleep Quality
- 5 Dangerous Secrets of Junk Food
- Is Your "Normal Blood Pressure" Too High?
- Probiotics: The Food to Boost Your Mood
- How to Make Your Day a Fat Burning Day
- 7 Healthy Snacks to Shut Down Your Sweet Tooth
- 10 Diet Hacks for Better Weight Loss
- 6 Simple Steps to a Healthy New Year
- Best Immune Boosting Foods to Add to Your Diet
- 7 Signs Your Stress is Killing You
- How to Have a Healthier Heart
- How to Wake Up Easier
- See More Articles
How to Enrich your Daily Diet with FiberGetting enough fiber in your diet is vital, and it has numerous proven and potential health benefits. Fiber prevents and remedies constipation, hemorrhoids, and other digestive disorders such as diverticulosis. It has also been shown to aid in the lowering of high cholesterol. There is even some evidence to suggest that a high fiber diet can reduce the risk of certain types of cancers, such as colon cancer. In addition to fiber’s general health benefits, eating a diet high in fiber can be especially beneficial if you are trying to lose weight. Fiber contains no calories, but because it absorbs water, eating it leads to a quicker feeling of fullness, helping you to ultimately eat less and feel satisfied longer. Incorporating fiber in your daily diet is easy to do. Dietary fiber comes from an inexhaustible amount of food sources, all of them plant-based.
High fiber foods:
- whole grains
- Men: it is recommended that they get approximately 38 grams of fiber per day (30 grams if over 50)/li>
- Women: the reccommendation is 25 grams of fiber per day (21 if over 50).