- 6 Simple Habits to Boost Your Health
- Why You Need a Day of Rest
- 7 Spices and Herbs that Boost Your Metabolism
- Best Hunger Busting Foods
- Is This Why Your Stomach Hurts?
- How to Keep Your Blood Pressure Low
- How to Speed Up Post-Workout Recovery
- How to Have a Healthier Body in 9 Easy Steps
- 5 Amazing Fat Burning Teas
- How to Get In the Best Shape of Your Life
- 8 Best Natural Appetite Suppressing Foods
- 8 Foods to Have Healthier Eyes
- 5 Rules for Quick Fat Burning
- How Weight Loss Slows Your Metabolism
- 7 Supplements You Actually Need
- See More Articles
Five Foods that Suppress Hunger NaturallyDieting is not only hard but confusing. With new diet trends coming out almost everyday, diet pills with names you can hardly pronounce, and scary surgeries, it sometimes seems that losing weight is impossible. But losing weight is possible through healthy, nutritional food and exercise. Your diet plays a large part in losing weight, especially when it comes to losing weight in a healthy way. An important part of losing weight comes from portion control and reducing over-eating. This can be hard, especially in the afternoon when your energy levels are low and that candy bar looks mighty tempting, but at over 200 calories, it’s not worth it. Instead, try healthy appetite suppressing foods that are low in calories and high in nutrients. We’ve listed five great foods that are perfect for in between meals to help with portion control and to contain your appetite.
An apple a day might really keep the doctor away, but it has another amazing ability – it keeps the hunger at bay. When you’re feeling hungry, don’t drive through that burger shack and get the #5 with a large coke. Instead, eat a medium-sized apple. 1 medium apple contains only 70 calories, and it has a lot of fiber in it.
The pectin in an apple will also slow down the rate of which your stomach empties, meaning you will be full and satisfied for longer.
- Oatmeal Like all foods with fiber, oatmeal will definitely leave you feeling fuller for a longer period of time. It’s also a complex carb, meaning that it takes a lot longer for your body to break down, which stabilizes your insulin levels.
- Pine Nuts Pine nuts not only taste great, but they’re also packed full of polyunsaturated fats. These fats naturally aide in the secretion of hormones, which help to suppress hunger.
- Almonds Eating almonds is a great way to suppress your hunger. Almonds are high in monounsaturated fats, which are considered “good fats.” They’re also very high in fiber and protein, which will help you stay full. Almonds take longer to break down due to their protein content.
- Eating more fiber and protein- both can help you stay full for longer periods
- Eat smaller meals more frequently- 4-6 instead of the usually 3
- Drink water with every meal- read about the benefits of water here
- Eat breakfast- starting your day off right will keep you from frantically snacking in the break room between meetings