- 8 Simple Ways to Increase Fiber Intake
- 8 Diet Tips for Better Digestive Function
- Best Breakfast Foods for Weight Loss
- 7 Superfoods that Make Amazing Desserts
- Choose Your Healthy Morning Beverage
- Why Your Coffee Triggers Your Sweet Tooth
- Are You Preparing Salad Wrong?
- 9 Age Defying Superfoods
- 7 Supplements You Actually Need
- The Dangers of Junk Food
- Should You Follow Cookbooks?
- What You Need to Know About Cold-Pressed Juice
- The #1 Heart Attack Risk Factor
- 7 Tips For Healthier Eating in the New Year
- What Does it Mean to Eat Right?
- See More Articles
Magnesium Rich FoodsMagnesium is an important mineral for bone strength, stress relief, and muscle function. Foods rich in magnesium are easy to incorporate into your daily diet, even if you’re trying to lose weight. Foods that contain magnesium are usually low in calories and high in nutrients. Magnesium is found mostly in your bones but is also found in muscles and other organs. Magnesium plays an important part in energy production of the muscles and nerves. Magnesium has the ability to help relax muscles and calm nerves so next time you’re feeling stressed, look at your plate, are you getting enough magnesium in your diet? Foods rich in magnesium are easy to find at your local grocery store. Magnesium is mainly found in beans, nuts, and vegetables, all of which can easily be incorporated into your daily diet. Nuts especially contain a high amount of magnesium. For tomorrow’s breakfast, sprinkle some almonds in your morning cereal; almonds contain 260 mg of magnesium for every 100 grams! Brazil nuts have 410 mg of magnesium for every 100 grams and are a great afternoon snack.
A good way to get enough magnesium in your diet is to create a trail mix of various nuts and fruits that are high in magnesium. It’s perfect for on-the-go snacking and to help tide appetites in between meals. Plus, you might feel a bit less stressed during your day. Less Stress Trail Mix
- 1 ½ cup of dried fruit (apricots, figs, dates, raisins)
- 1 ½ cup of nuts (almonds, brazil nuts, peanuts, and walnuts)
- ¼ cup of shredded coconut
- ¼ cup of milk chocolate chips
All ingredients contain high levels of magnesium.
Food (100 grams) Magnesium Content (mg)
Brazil Nuts 410
Wheat Germ 280
Dried Apricots 70
Cocoa Powder 520
Parmesan Cheese 50
Soya Beans 100+
Bran Flakes 520
Dried Figs 70
Magnesium rich food is usually low in calories and high in nutrients, make sure you're getting enough in your daily diet.