- 6 Sneaky Tricks to Prevent Holiday Overeating
- Is Alcohol Actually Good for Your Health?
- The 8 Best High Fiber Foods
- 8 Foods to Beat the Bloat
- Here’s The Real Truth About Coconut Oil
- 6 Healthy High Fat Foods
- 6 Foods to Keep You Full and Hydrated
- 5 Great Coffee Alternatives for an Energized Morning
- What You Need to Know About Healthy Fats
- 8 Most Common Food Additives to Avoid
- How to Kick Sugar Cravings
- 9 Foods for a Healthier Heart
- The 12 Best Superfoods Your Body Needs
- The 7 Nutrients You Desperately Need
- How to Improve Gut Health
- See More Articles
List of Zinc Rich FoodsThe mineral zinc plays an important role in growth, keeping skin healthy, and sexual development. Foods rich in zinc are easy to incorporate into your daily diet, especially since you only need about 15-20 mg of zinc a day. Foods rich in zinc are mainly found in animal products such as meat and dairy but vegetarians and vegans will also find zinc in various nuts, seeds, and bran products. A diet with an adequate amount of zinc is extremely important. Zinc is mineral that is often overlooked but did you know that getting enough zinc helps you grown, aides in sexual development, and keeps skin healthy?
|Food (100 grams)||Amount of Zinc (mg)|
|Low Fat Roast Beef||10|
|Roasted Pumpkin Seeds||10|
We only need a tiny amount of zinc in our daily diets, about 15-20 mg a day. Zinc is a mineral found mainly in foods that come from animals such as milk, cheese, beef, and lamb. But if you’re a vegetarian or vegan you can also find zinc in oatmeal, brown rice, and various nuts. Foods high in zinc are easy to incorporate into your diet. Try oatmeal with pecans for breakfast, a low fat roast beef sandwich for lunch, and perhaps some lamb for dinner? Or, if you’re feeling like upping the ante, enjoy oysters on the half shell- oysters are not only an aphrodisiac, but some oysters (the Steamed Wild Eastern Oyster) can contain up to 182 mg of zinc per 100 grams! Try to eat more zinc-rich foods to strengthen your immune system and to help keep to common cold at bay. Foods rich in zinc could possibly give you the glowing complexion you’ve always dreamed of or be your solution to bedroom woes. Zinc is an important mineral that is easy to add to a daily diet and the nutritional benefits are numerous.