- Make the Perfect Bowl of High Protein Oatmeal
- Health Improvement, Weight Loss and Happiness
- 6 Reasons to Eat More Beans
- 4 Whole Grains You Need More Of
- The 8 Best Snacks for All Occasions
- Foods to Get Rid of Forever
- The Worst Foods to Feed Your Body
- How Sugar Stops You From Being Productive
- Healthy Foods Way Too High in Sugar
- Foods to Feed Your Brain
- Are Sports Drinks Dangerous For Your Health?
- The Food Lover's Diet
- Processed Food is Out to Get You
- The Ornish Diet for Weight Loss
- Is Going Gluten-Free Wise?
- See More Articles
Health Improvement, Weight Loss and HappinessLet's face it, the majority of us could stand to eat a little healthier, move more, and reduce the feeling of laziness in our lives. With so much on our plates from careers and climbing corporate ladders to maintaining healthy relationships with our loved ones, we can tend to forget to maintain that very important relationship with our own health. So, lets start with the best way to begin your road to health improvement, weight loss and aiming for mastering happiness with yourself. Love yourself and become determined Some people may raise their eyebrows when they are told to obsess over anything. Yet, you will be amazed at how much you can accomplish when you obsess for success.The first step on the road to overall health improvement and weight loss is to get your drive and desire back. One of the most effective ways to do this is by finding anything that motivates you. Listen to a motivational video on the internet once a day, watch an inspirational movie or listen to inspiring music. It is all about creating positive thought patterns in your mind. Too many times our daily lives can make us result to negative thoughts. Negative thoughts then may turn into a slothful attitude and before you know it you have found yourself in a rut, and you don't even know how you got there. No matter what trials and tribulations your life may bring you, you have to realize that whatever problems you face will subside when you begin to desire better for yourself and realize just how much you are worth and what you deserve out of life. Respect your body with respectable food and exercise Many people find it hard to find the will power to eat better, because we live in a world with amazingly delicious yet incredibly unhealthy food. If you wish to start yourself on the road to health improvement, just follow these steps: 1. Substitute one unhealthy meal a day with a healthy one.
2. Begin running. Of course exercise is healthy, but did you know running increases metabolism, has been known to fight depression, as well as aid in much more restful sleep. This is also a way for you to plug in some music and become more in touch with yourself. Pushing your body to new limits will release positive hormones such as dopamine(functions as a pleasure hormone and anti-depressant), cortisol (functions as an anti-inflammatory), endorphins (functions by being released when the body is under stress and motivates it to continue and are responsible for a feeling of euphoria) 3. Once you have mastered one healthy meal a day, then begin to incorporate smoothies and raw juices into your diet. This will ensure maximum vitamin and nutrient intake and begin to make your body adjust and even like fruits and vegetables. 4. Begin to work your way into a whole foods diet and start replacing high carb meals with lean meats such as fish and chicken and green vegetables. You will be amazed at the bursts of energy you will receive. Become your own dietician When it comes to a diet knowledge is power and with the right knowledge you will have the tools you need to continue your journey of eating for health improvement and weight loss. Learn as much as you can about the foods you eat so that you can begin to make wiser choices. For starters, you should understand the difference between good and bad carbs. Bad carbs include candy, bread, table sugar, syrup, which are all quickly utilized and will boost insulin levels, hence the reason they can be responsible for type 1 diabetes. Good carbs include whole grains, leafy vegetables, potatoes, beans, peas.Which are more slowly digested keeping insulin levels balanced and give way for longer boosts of energy without the strain on your body and hormones. It is also important to focus on eating whole foods.Fruits like kiwi, pineapple, strawberries, apples are all rich in vitamins, especially Vitamin C ,which will help keep a strong immune system. Also they are a great alternative to curb that sweet tooth that you may love to quench with a usual candy bar. Not only are fruits full of nutrients, but the body absorbs these nutrients ten fold when compared to a big bowl of pasta. Vegetables like kale, beets, carrots, celeryand cucumbers, will even further quench the bodies need for nutrients. Normally very green vegetables are considered at the top of the health tier. If you are a meat lover, try eating lean cuts of beef, fish and chicken. If possible, buy grass fed or wild caught and organic meats. Conclusion So there you have it. Use these helpful words as the beginning to start your engine of healh success. But don't forget to treat yourself every once in a while, because too much of anything can be overwhelming. Most importantly, don't quit! If you fall get back up and hit twice as hard! Never stop wanting more.