- How to Reach Your Weight Loss Goals
- 8 Effective Tricks to Speed Up Your Weight Loss
- The 6 Most Effective Weight Loss Tips for Every Age
- 5 Simple and Easy Weight Loss Tricks that Really Work!
- 7 Weight Loss Tricks that Will Get the Job Done
- The Truth About Your Daily Recommended Protein
- 7 Rules for Lasting Weight Loss
- 6 Simple Tricks to Guarantee Weight Loss
- 6 Cheap Ways to Lose Weight
- 5 Cold Hard Weight Loss Truths You Need to Know
- The Science-Backed Weight Loss Tips You Need to Know
- Why Aren’t You Losing Belly Fat?
- 6 Tips to Kick Fat Burning Up A Notch
- 6 Tips for Easier Weight Loss
- How to Break Through the Weight Loss Plateau
- See More Articles
High/ Low-Intensity Exercise for Weight LossWhen you hit the gym, how do you work out? Do you focus on hitting each exercise with precision and control, or do you aim to keep your heart rate high and move through the workout quickly? Are you focused on low intensity, steady state, long-duration cardio, or do you shoot for short-duration, high intensity cardio?
The Benefits of High Intensity Exercise"High intensity" workouts involve anything that gets your heart rate over 75%. The exercises are much harder on your body, but they lead to better overall cardiovascular conditioning. Some of the most popular types of high intensity exercise include:
- Weight Training
- Aerobics like Zumba, or kickboxing
- High intensity interval training
The Benefits of Low Intensity ExerciseWhat makes low intensity exercise a better option for you? Well, for one, it's easier on your joints, bones, and muscles. High intensity exercise involves a lot of fast-paced, high impact movement. Low intensity exercise is far less damaging to your musculoskeletal structure, making it better for those trying to get into shape.
With a low intensity workout, you only get your heart rate up to about 50 to 65% of your Max HR. You can usually talk without gasping for air, and you can last for anywhere from 20 to 60 minutes without running out of steam. While a high intensity workout is guaranteed to sap your energy more quickly, low intensity workouts help you to build endurance and last longer. Some of the more popular forms of low intensity exercise include:
- Walking outside or on the treadmill
- Aerobics classes-low impact
- Tai Chi