- The 5 Mobility Exercises to Do Before Every Workout
- 9 Summer Fat Burning Activities to Kick Start Your Weight Loss
- How to Maximize Your Spin Workout
- The 5 Types of Exercise You Should be Doing
- How to Get Motivated to Work Out This New Year
- The More Physical Activity the Merrier!
- 5 Simple Exercises to Relieve Lower Back Pain
- Add These 7 Foods to Your Diet for Better Weight Loss
- Why Walk After You Eat?
- The 7 Most Important Bodybuilding Exercises You Can Do
- Is it Time to Find a New Gym?
- What Exercise Burns the Most Calories?
- 6 Simple Exercises to Improve Your Posture
- 7 Wicked Chest Exercises to Replace Push-Ups
- How to Deal with Daily Aches and Pains the Healthy Way
- See More Articles
How to Increase Calorie Burning During ExercisingMost people work out with the goal of burning fat and getting in shape, and the best way to do that is by burning calories. The more calories you burn, the better! But so many of us fail to work out properly, and we end up burning fewer calories than we could. With just a few simple changes to the way you work out, you could burn a lot more calories, get through your workout more quickly, and spend less time at the gym every day!
How to Increase Calorie Burn During Aerobic ExerciseAerobic exercise means anything that gets your heart pounding, your lungs working, and your fat burning, but without really straining your muscles. This includes exercise like:
- Elliptical training
- and so on…
- Walk for 2 minutes at a normal pace
- Sprint at top speed for 30 to 60 seconds
Repeat this for 20 minutes, and you'll burn MORE calories than you would in a 45-minute jogging workout. The reason that HIIT workouts are so much better at fat- and calorie-burning is due to the fact that you use both types of energy: fat and glucose. The low intensity exercise activates the fat, but when you go full intensity you use glucose as well. It forces your body to burn through both types of energy, and you end up burning a lot more calories of both fat and glucose thanks to the fact that you are doing high intensity exercise.
How to Increase Calorie Burn During Anaerobic ExerciseAnaerobic exercise is anything that works your muscles without giving your body a chance to send oxygen to the working tissue. This is basically any form of weightlifting or high intensity exercise, and it's one of the best to help you burn fat and calories. You'll find that most weight loss workouts involve some degree of anaerobic exercise, as this type of exercise burns through the glucose stores more effectively than any aerobic workout. By the time you finish your anaerobic workout and hit your aerobic workout, all that is left to burn is fat. To increase calorie burning during anaerobic exercise, spend less time resting. Your heart has to pump hard to keep up with the workout, so giving yourself less time to rest between sets will keep your body working at top speeds. Spend no less than 30 seconds resting between sets, and make it a point to move from exercise to exercise as smoothly as possible. Keep your heart rate above 125 BPM, and you can burn up to 1000 calories in a single hour. That's a lot more than you would with pretty much any other type of exercise. Follow the tips above to help you burn more calories during your workouts, and you'll find that it will be much easier to get and stay in shape. Thanks to your efforts to increase calorie burn, you'll get rid of that excess body fat and weight more quickly, and you'll see the results with far less time and effort expended on your part.