- 8 Simple Ways to Increase Fiber Intake
- 8 Diet Tips for Better Digestive Function
- Best Breakfast Foods for Weight Loss
- 7 Superfoods that Make Amazing Desserts
- Choose Your Healthy Morning Beverage
- Why Your Coffee Triggers Your Sweet Tooth
- Are You Preparing Salad Wrong?
- 9 Age Defying Superfoods
- 7 Supplements You Actually Need
- The Dangers of Junk Food
- Should You Follow Cookbooks?
- What You Need to Know About Cold-Pressed Juice
- The #1 Heart Attack Risk Factor
- 7 Tips For Healthier Eating in the New Year
- What Does it Mean to Eat Right?
- See More Articles
Increase Your Energy Levels With SuperfoodsIdeally we should always be eating foods rich with healthy, energy producing enzymes that will give us the strength we need to get through our day. And in fact, to some extent most foods do. Of course you will find the best and healthiest sources in fresh produce rich in the enzymes your body needs to boost your energy levels. Here are some of the best energy enhancing foods for you to eat when you need a little more oomph in your day: Nuts for energy
Nuts are powerhouses of nutrition and they are easy to have with you at all times. When you are feeling a bit peckish have a handful of almonds or chestnuts and fuel up. You can also add them to all kinds of recipes, this is a great way to make a dish not only taste better but give you the maximum amount of energy as well. Also keep in mind that peanut butter is an excellent source of protein and energy.
There are two things you need to know about chocolate: yes, dark chocolate is good for you and no that doesn’t mean you can live off it, no matter how tempting that may sound. Not all chocolate is the same and the vast majority that we get when we buy candy bars is not the kind of chocolate that is going to do your body any good.
Look for dark chocolate that is about 70% dark and you are eating a food filled with antioxidants and that will give you a healthy boost of energy as well. You can even combine it in a trail mix with some fruits and nuts like those mentioned above. Dark chocolate can also improve your mood as well as lower your anxiety levels. Studies have shown that eating approximately an ounce of dark chocolate per day can have a soothing and calming effect that you could notice within two weeks. This makes it not only tasty but great for those who suffer from general anxiety. Here are some other foods you may want to consider adding to your diet if you feel like you need to increase your energy levels:
- Lean chicken
- Bright colored fruits and vegetables