- The 6 Most Effective Weight Loss Tips for Every Age
- 5 Simple and Easy Weight Loss Tricks that Really Work!
- 7 Weight Loss Tricks that Will Get the Job Done
- The Truth About Your Daily Recommended Protein
- 7 Rules for Lasting Weight Loss
- 6 Simple Tricks to Guarantee Weight Loss
- 6 Cheap Ways to Lose Weight
- 5 Cold Hard Weight Loss Truths You Need to Know
- The Science-Backed Weight Loss Tips You Need to Know
- Why Aren’t You Losing Belly Fat?
- 6 Tips to Kick Fat Burning Up A Notch
- 6 Tips for Easier Weight Loss
- How to Break Through the Weight Loss Plateau
- How to Have a Healthier Brain
- What Happens When You Lose Weight?
- See More Articles
How to Lose 10 Pounds Before the HolidaysIf you’re planning a holiday getaway, or even if you just want to look your best for the big family get-together, there are a good few things you can do to get in shape before the holidays, or even to maintain your diet while everyone around you is tucking into Christmas pudding. All you’ll need is a little bit of will power, and some commitment. These tips in conjunction with the right diet will help you get your weight where you want it to be.
Tips to help you lose 10 pounds1) Drink a lot of water - we know that you know all about drinking water, but these holidays make a special effort to keep your daily intake up around 6-8 glasses a day. Get hold of a pint bottle of water and make sure you refill it at least three times a day, and you’ll be drinking the right amount. Drinking a large glass of water before a meal will also help to prevent you from over-eating.
2) Take apple cider vinegar – the weight-loss properties of apple cider vinegar are well known, but it is not a miracle weight-loss cure! However, taking it in conjunction with a good diet and a little exercise can help to speed up results, and it also helps to lower cholesterol. Since apple cider vinegar is pretty difficult to take straight up try mixing it with low-fat juice or tea. You can also find it in gel capsule form, which is a lot easier to take. 3) Hold back on the carbohydrates – with all the food going around, it shouldn’t be hard to load your plate with meats and vegetables, rather than potatoes and bread. Maintaining a high-protein diet and a regular exercise routine is an excellent way to lose weight. Try find a low-fat protein meal supplement, and take this an hour before large meals. You’ll feel fuller and won’t want to eat as much, and you’ll still have lots of energy to hand to go for that brisk afternoon walk. 4) Eyes on the prize – set yourself a meaningful weight loss goal, and say when you plan to have lost that weight. Weigh yourself every day or so, at the same time of day and wearing the same clothing, to see if you’re on track. Pick a realistic goal, but one that has real meaning to you. For example, pick a goal that will allow you to fit into that special outfit, or drop a jeans size.