- Vegan vs. Vegetarian Diet: What You Need to Know
- The 4 Common Factors All Healthy Diets Have
- Get Rid of Diet Mood Swings Once and For All!
- What You Need to Know About Intermittent Fasting
- 7 Simple Tips That Will Get You Fitter Starting Today
- How to Avoid Diet Mood Swings
- 6 Eating Habits that Will Compromise Your Immunity
- 6 Reasons to Go Vegan for 30 Days
- How to Eat Healthy Without Dieting
- 7 Easy and Delicious Healthy Snacks for Your Everyday
- How to Eat Healthy While Working from Home
- What You Need to Know About the Military Diet
- 6 Easy Ways to Reduce Meat Intake
- 4 Diet Habits You May Want to Avoid
- What You Need to Know About the Satiating Diet
- See More Articles
How to Lose Weight Drinking Green TeaIn the last few decades a number of studies at Oxford and Harvard Medical School have determined that there are many health benefits to drinking green tea. The name ‘green tea’ is any tea made from the leaves of Camellia sinensis that has undergone minimal processing. You can usually buy many different varieties of green tea at any supermarket, but to get hold of the best green teas, like Mao Jian, you’ll probably need to go to a specialist health food store. Armed with your new store of hot beverages, here are a few things to know about how to lose weight drinking green tea: 1) Use green tea to replace sodas and coffee. Sodas contain a huge number of calories and provide absolutely no nutritional value. If you can cut them out of your diet completely you’ll be making huge gains, but if you can replace them with three or four servings of green tea a day you’ll reap huge benefits.
2) While not specifically a weight loss agent, green tea has been shown to improve the metabolic rate by around 4% without increasing heart rate. That means it does what no other weight-loss pill can do, and speed up the rate at which your body burns fat without putting it under any stress. 3) Green tea typically contains no caffeine, meaning you can drink it at any time of the day. Have a cup when you wake up, at mealtimes, and before bed, and you’ll be taking in plenty of green tea throughout your day. 4) Green tea also contains anti-oxidants, minerals and vitamins that we don’t normally take in from most Western meals. These additives can greatly boost your body’s resistance to many types of cancer and heart disease, as well as helping you to lose weight. 5) Drink green tea without milk or sugar – it takes a bit of getting used to, but after a few cups you should develop a taste for the bitter tea. Cutting out milk or sugar will reduce your calorie intake, where you would normally be drinking soda or coffee. 6) If you like, you can also make iced tea with green tea – but you’ll need to add a little sugar, and make it fairly strong. Try using a non-nutritive sweetener to lower the calorie count. You’ll have a cool, refreshing beverage that’s low in fat and sugar, and will help you to lose weight.