- 5 Simple Moves to Stretch Away the Stiffness
- A Few Minutes of Daily Exercise Means Years of Longer Life
- How to Survive Winter Workouts
- The 6 Resistance Training Exercises You Should Avoid
- Why You Need a Stronger Core
- How to Prepare for a Grueling Workout
- Why You Need to Rest More
- Why You Should Walk 30 Minutes a Day
- Trouble Running Faster? Try These Tricks!
- Why Summer is the Perfect Time for Stretching Workouts
- How to Avoid Skipping Workouts
- How Often to Work Out
- How to Get Lean
- How to Speed Up Post-Workout Recovery
- 7 Best Leg Workouts
- See More Articles
Easy Exercises to Help You Lose WeightIf you’ve ever watched one of those programs on late at night, then you’ve probably seen ads for shakeable weights, thigh-pressing machines and ab-rolling contraptions. And they all have the same thing in common – they’re billed as “miracle” machines, able to help you lose weight in only minutes a day. They all also have something else in common – none of them will help you to lose weight. Try as you might, exerting tiny amounts of energy while using one of those plastic gimmicks is not going to help the weigh fall off. Why Not? For starters, you must expend more energy than you take into your body via calories to lose weight. And another important point about “exercising” to lose weight: targeting is an unequivocal myth, and toning muscles alone will not melt away fat. If you want to know how to lose weight fast with exercise, then it’s all about expending the right amount of energy. Here are a few tips you can use. Exercises to Help You Lose Weight
1) Get a Full WorkoutFor the first tip, let’s speak about muscle groups. With the aforementioned plastic ab-shaping device, you’re barely working your abdominal muscles. So even if it did work to tone your abs, you’re not expending enough energy to lose weight. Here’s a great all-round ab workout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNqrkGnkUWc
Exercises that focus on large and multiple muscle groups will expend far more energy per effort and thus help you to shed those stubborn and unsightly pounds in a hurry. Working muscles in your butt, thighs, chest, etc, will ultimately burn more calories if your goal is to exercise in order to lose some weight.
2) Vary Your WorkoutThe second tip has to do with mixing it up. We cannot emphasize enough to you that you must expend total energy in order to burn off those fat reserves! Diet alone isn’t going to do it, and light exercise alone isn’t going to do it. Mixing up your exercise routine will help you achieve your goals. Do some cardio for a day, and then hit the weights to work on muscle definition. Mix in a day or two of yoga a week to keep your metabolism running high and to help shape and tone your muscles so that they’re in great shape when that fat melts away.
3) Get Your Activity Levels UpFor the third tip, remember that sport and “sporty” activities are among the best exercises you can do in order to lose weight. Sure, we could go over a list of specific abdominal exercises you can do and various squat thrusts and whatnot. But getting out there and shooting some hoops, swimming, playing kickball or tennis, going hiking or rock climbing, or even playing hopscotch is going to help you to lose weight quickly when combined with the proper diet. Remember: it’s all about expending energy. Your body isn’t overly picky in this area. If you’re burning energy and eating right, you’ll be burning fat.