- 8 Healthy and Delicious Keto Snacks
- How to Keep Off the Weight Once You Lose It
- Are Your Diet Habits Making You Fat?
- Get Rid of These Things to Get Rid of Your Gut
- How to Drive Away Hunger Pangs
- The Food Lover's Diet
- Eating the Weight Loss Way - Smart Dieting Tips
- The Mayo Clinic Diet
- 5 Diet Mistakes Holding You Back from Losing Weight
- 4 Forces for Healthy Quick Weight Loss
- Best Diets to Drop 10 Quick Pounds
- How to Lose Weight With a Juice Fast
- Lose Weight Fast With the Grapefruit Diet
- How to Lose Weight with a 2 Week Juice Fast
- How To Lose 10 Pounds in a Week
- See More Articles
How to Lose Weight With a Juice Fast
This is a diet consisting mainly of juice and can help you lose weight fast. As crash diets go, this is a little healthier than most, but it should still be used in moderation. For the purposes of this article ‘juice’ means fresh, pulpy, smoothie-like juice made from fruit, not concentrate or squash.
Rules of the fast:
- Drink juice whenever you want
- Make sure that you get around 500 calories per pint of juice
- You are allowed to eat fruits and vegetables as snacks
- Avoid starch completely
- Avoid protein wherever possible
- Duration is for a maximum of one week
Here are some tips to follow to ensure that you have a healthy juice fast.
- Duration of juice fast. You can go for anywhere from one day to a week, but five days is usually recommended. You shouldn’t do a juice fast more than once in a six month period.
- Don’t fast on your period, if you are a woman. During this time you will need a little extra protein, so rather schedule your juice fast for before or after your period starts.
- Stock up on juice. Either buy your own, such as Bolt Smoothies, or make it yourself using a food processor. Good fruits to make smoothies with are bananas, strawberries (better if frozen, because they make the smoothie colder), berries and melons.
- Drink juice whenever you want. There is no limit to how much you should drink, as most of the energy you take in will be used in the course of a day. Drink some juice as soon as you wake up to avoid feeling light-headed, and always have some as soon as you start to feel hungry.
- Exercise lightly, but don’t overdo it. Go for a brisk walk, but not a jog. Stay away from the gym. You won’t have enough energy for a sustained workout, but you do want to avoid being sedentary.
- Drink a lot of water. A fruit juice diet is high in sugar, so you want to keep your water intake up high enough to make sure you can absorb all of this sugar and use it as energy to avoid putting on weight.
- Listen to your body. If you start feeling unwell, light-headed, start blacking out or get dizzy then you need to add a little bit of starch or protein to your diet. Don’t keep fasting if you go over your chosen number of days simply because you haven’t lost weight.
Possible Health Risks
Make sure you take it slow while you are on the juice diet. Your body doesn't get as much energy as it is used to, so you shouldn't stress him out with excessive workouts or long party nights.
Possible health risks could be:
- Hunger pains
- Modd swings
- Lack of vitamins and nutrients
- Electrolytes imbalance