- How Much Exercise is Good For Your Health?
- How to Be Safe at Newly Reopened Gyms
- Do You Need an Exercise Ball in Your Life?
- Try This Fun and Unique Deck of Cards Workout Routine
- 6 Tools to Help You Recover from Sore Muscles
- 9 Simple Household Items You Can Use as Home Gym Equipment
- How to Safely Exercise Even in a Pandemic
- Do You Get Exercise Headaches? Here’s What to Do…
- Why Your Workout May Be Causing Weight Gain
- Running for Weight Loss: How to Do it Right
- Your Ass Kicking Home HIIT Workout
- Stop Thinking of Exercise as a Weight Loss Tool
- Why Free Weights are Your New Best Friend at the Gym
- How to Change Your Workout As You Age
- How to Gain Muscle the Easy and Effective Way
- See More Articles
How to Shed Belly Fat with Yoga
Yoga has its origins in India and has been around for thousands of years. It’s been one of the biggest and most popular forms of exercise in the western world for a few decades now, and this weight loss craze is far from dying down.
Not only is yoga good for a person’s overall health and wellbeing, but also it can be used to target that stubborn belly fat, the fat anywhere on your body really. If you want to know how to shed weight from your thighs, belly, or even get rid of love handles with yoga, then here are four yoga exercises you should be trying. These will tighten your abs and help you lose weight at the same time.
Of course, with something as complicated as yoga, it is highly recommended that you find yourself a registered yoga instructor. They will be able to teach you how to do the exercises correctly, without the risk of injury.
Four Easy Exercises to Lose Belly Fat with Yoga
To do the locust pose, lie flat on your stomach and put your feet together. Then put your hands behind your back and hold them together. Now, lift your chest/head, arms and legs simultaneously and hold that pose for at least 3 seconds.
The bridge pose is a little hard to explain. Viewing a picture will explain it perfectly, however. While lying flat on your back with your knees bent (your legs should be 90 degrees, as if your calves are standing while your body is lying), place your arms to the side and lift your back up with your legs. Nothing should be on the ground but your head and shoulders and your feet.
Yoga crunches are a bit different than regular crunches, and they’re more effective. While lying on your back, raise your legs straight up in the air, cradle your head with your hands, and lift your legs up toward you until your rear end is a few inches off the ground – hold this pose for a few seconds.
Side stretches in yoga are a great way to target your stomach muscles and to boost your overall metabolism so you can begin to burn belly fat. To do these, simply stand up straight, making sure your feet are shoulder-width apart, and raise one arm straight into the air with the other at your side, and bend your body to one side. Repeat.
Use each of these tips to achieve your weight loss goals and shed belly fat fast and easy along with any other fat on your body. As was said earlier, if you are a beginner – take the time and pay the money to go to a yoga instructor. Without the proper training, you could injure yourself and you may not reap the full rewards.
Remember also, that without the correct diet and exercise, doing yoga might make you flexible – but it won’t guarantee weight loss.