- How to Get Motivated to Work Out This New Year
- The More Physical Activity the Merrier!
- 5 Simple Exercises to Relieve Lower Back Pain
- Add These 7 Foods to Your Diet for Better Weight Loss
- Why Walk After You Eat?
- The 7 Most Important Bodybuilding Exercises You Can Do
- Is it Time to Find a New Gym?
- What Exercise Burns the Most Calories?
- 6 Simple Exercises to Improve Your Posture
- 7 Wicked Chest Exercises to Replace Push-Ups
- How to Deal with Daily Aches and Pains the Healthy Way
- How to Fit in a Midday Workout
- 6 Workout Habits That are Setting You Back
- The Truth About Your Favorite Fitness Myths
- 5 Simple Moves to Stretch Away the Stiffness
- See More Articles
How to Tone Fat ThighsIt’s not really possible to specifically lose thigh fat, because when you burn fat you burn it all over your body. However, if you are losing weight in general, and combining this with a series of exercises that target your thigh muscles, you can slim them down and improve definition remarkably in around six weeks. If you’re serious in your quest to lose thigh fat, here are five exercises you can do to help get thinner thighs: 1) For the first one, you’ll need a chair and a medium sized inflatable exercise ball. Sit on the chair with your knees bent at 90 degrees and your feet flat on the floor. Hold the ball between your thighs and squeeze your knees together as far as you can. Hold this position for five seconds and then release slowly. Repeat this five times, and it’ll really help to strengthen and tone fat thighs.
2) This next one is an easy one you can do to help get rid of thigh fat, but it also requires a medium sized exercise ball. Stand with your back to a wall and your feet shoulder-width apart. Put the ball in the small of your back and squat down about 5-10 inches. Hold that position for a count of five and then slowly go back up. Do 10 to 15 reps of this. 3) Do some lunges! To do this you’ll need ample floor space, and two dumbbells of enough weight to make things a bit more challenging. Stand with both feet apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand at your side. Take one long stride forward and lower yourself to a crouch. Bring your other leg back up behind you, pushing down on the leg you lunged forward with. Repeat with the other leg until you reach the end of the room. Turn around and do it the other way, trying to get in about 10 lunges per leg. 4) Leg extensions. To do this one all you need to do is kneel down on all fours with your forearms resting on the floor. Extend your right leg behind you and raise it up as high as you can. Then bring cross it over your left foot and lower it down slowly towards the floor. Bring it up again slowly, back to straight up, and lower it to the floor. Repeat 10 times with each leg to help tone your thighs and get rid of thigh fat. 5) Lastly, try sitting on the floor with your left leg pulled in and your right leg straight against the floor. Hold your left shin and lift your right leg off the floor a few inches. Rotate your right hip out to swing your right leg outwards by about six inches, hold it, and bring it back in. Do about ten reps with each leg. If you do these five exercises every day you’ll be well on your way to getting rid of thigh fat. If that’s not enough for you, try the exercises in the video above.