- Why You Need a Stronger Core
- How to Prepare for a Grueling Workout
- Why You Need to Rest More
- Why You Should Walk 30 Minutes a Day
- Trouble Running Faster? Try These Tricks!
- Why Summer is the Perfect Time for Stretching Workouts
- How to Avoid Skipping Workouts
- How Often to Work Out
- How to Get Lean
- How to Speed Up Post-Workout Recovery
- 7 Best Leg Workouts
- The Pros and Cons of Spinning Workouts
- The Anti-Aging Benefits of HIIT Training
- How to Find Motivation to Work Out
- Free Weights or Machines: Which is Better?
- See More Articles
5 Ways to Tone Your Lower AbsThe lower abs are one of the more difficult areas of muscle to target specifically, and you require quite a bit of supporting muscle in order to work those muscles out. That means that you need to strengthen other abdominal muscle groups in order to be able to do some of the exercises that really help to tone and build lower abs. That doesn’t mean you can’t get started on them from day one, however. Here are a few tips on how to tone lower abs:
1) Know Your Body
2) Lower Ab Muscles are Marathon Runners, not Sprinters
3) Strengthen Your Core
Its’ nearly impossible to develop your lower abs without at least some core strength. The core abdominals run parallel to your body down the middle of your stomach, and are the muscles that many of your other abdominals are based in. An easy exercise to start building core strength is to lie face down on the floor, propping yourself up on only your toes and your elbows. Pull your stomach muscles inwards and upwards towards your sternum (like you did when you were a kid to make yourself look super skinny) and hold your body rigid. Hold this for 20 seconds, rest, then repeat 10 times.
4) Do Bicycle Kicks
5) Vertical Leg Lifts