- How to Get to Sleep Easier at Night
- What You Need to Know About Quarantine Fatigue
- How to Take Care of Your Mental Health During Quarantine
- Do Weight Loss Efforts Ever Really End?
- 6 Signs Stress is Killing You Slowly
- How to Stay Motivated to Lose Weight
- 6 Positive Health Affirmations to Improve Your Wellness
- Holiday Shopping Can Boost Your Mood
- How to Manage Anxiety the Natural Way
- How to Make Your New Year Goals Stick All Year Long
- How to Start the Morning Right
- How to Increase Your Confidence at the Gym
- How to Find Motivation to Work Out
- 7 Healthy Habits to Fight Stress
- Get Your Workout Motivation Right!
- See More Articles
Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss
Everyone is looking for an easy way to lose weight, turning to some pretty odd remedies and tricks to drop those last few pounds. If you're searching for a new weight loss method, why not consider hypnotherapy?
Hypnosis is a treatment that has been used for hundreds of years as a means of treating ailments, and it has even been used in recent years to deal with pain, depression, stress, and anxiety. It is not an actual medical treatment, but it has been used by clinics as an aid to speed up healing and reduce pain post-surgery.
How does hypnotherapy for weight loss work?
- It can help you change your triggers. We all have things that "set us off", making us feel hungry, nervous, or stressed, which can lead to emotional eating. By changing the things that trigger your cravings, you can stop yourself from eating the wrong things at the wrong time.
- It can boost your motivation -- Hypnotherapy is all about getting in touch with the inner thoughts and feelings, and it can increase your motivation for losing weight. If you're struggling to keep up your efforts, it may be a good solution.
- It can improve your commitment -- By using the power of suggestion, you can boost your commitment to your weight loss efforts. Seeing as the desire to lose weight is already there, it will just amplify those thoughts.
- It can help you enjoy your efforts more -- Dieting and exercise can be tough, but with the help of hypnotherapy, you can alter the way you see these things. After all, you know them to be good, but there is that part of your mind that protests at the effort. By emphasizing the "good", you make it easier to lose that weight.
The truth is that hypnotherapy is NOT a weight loss method on its own, but it can help. Hypnotherapy can help you to have a greater desire to work out and lose weight, and it may be the ideal complement to a healthy diet and exercise regimen.
Here's what you need to know about hypnotherapy for weight loss:
Before you begin -- ALWAYS find a certified hypnotherapist to work with, preferably a specialist who has a university degree in clinical psychology. This is the best way to ensure you are working with someone who has experience in the field.
How the process works -- Hypnosis is not some mystical art, but it is simply putting your mind into a state of sufficient relaxation to allow the subconscious mind to manifest. You enter the relaxed state, and your subconscious mind becomes far more open to suggestions, which the hypnotherapist will implant in your thoughts.
Basically, hypnosis uses suggestions to make slight alterations in your thought patterns. You will not be mind-controlled, but the suggestions will strengthen the thoughts you already have. By using hypnosis to increase your motivation, you can give yourself a far better chance of losing weight.
The post-hypnotic suggestions remain even after you have left the therapist's office, and they will crop up every time you find yourself in certain situations. For example, if it is suggested that you prefer healthy foods to cakes and cookies, you may find yourself choosing an apple next time you feel your stomach growl.
The truth is that hypnotherapy is a pseudo-science, but it can work alongside real science to make your weight loss efforts more successful. If your goal is to drop a few pounds, you may find that trying hypnotherapy for weight loss can help you achieve that goal.