Hormones Insulin & Weight Loss
Lipoprotein lipase is an enzyme that prohibits fat cells from removing triglycerides. Triglyceride removal is necessary for effective weight loss and for increasing overall health levels. Insulin activates lipoprotein lipase. In addition, insulin acts as an inhibitor to a different enzyme called sensitive lipase
. Sensitive lipase is primarily responsible for metabolizing fats that have been stored throughout your body.
What this means is that during physical activity, especially intentional exercise for weight loss, if your insulin levels are high, then you will be burning the glucose that is stored in your cellular structures - not that which is stored in your fat cells. That's not the goal!
Decrease insulin levels
As with almost all issues concerning the optimization of human health, the solution is to very attentively dictate your food intake program. You need to choose the foods that you consume based on their abilities to accommodate your need for efficient and well-regulated glucose absorption. That means that you need to concentrate on the following food types:
Sources of quality carbohydrates, proteins and fatty acids
- High-quality, low glycemic value complex carbohydrates;
- High-quality, low saturated fat/trans fat proteins;
- High quality, healthy fat sources like omega-3 fatty acids;
To optimize your health, regulate your glucose absorption, enhance the efficient manufacturing and release patterns of insulin - and help yourself to lose the weight that you desire, you need to base your food intake program on the following food types:
- Whole grain foods like unbleached, long grain rice, oats, breads, cereals and more;
- Any and all fresh vegetables
- Fresh fruits - organic if desired;
- Foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids like avocados, sardines, salmon, canola oil, olive oil, tuna, flax seeds, delicious lake trout and more;
- Nonfat or low-fat dairy products;
In addition, you should always be sure to:
- Concentrate on foods that are high in potassium;
- Avoid foods that are high in sodium
- Choose only the leanest cuts of animal muscle - and maybe avoid animal organs completely;
- Drink plenty of cool, crisp water every day.
Avoid the following:
- Excessive amounts of alcohol;
- Caffeinated drinks like soda, coffee and energy drinks;
- Every single fast food restaurant that you see;
- Processed foods;
- Microwavable foods;
- Packaged and prepared foods loaded with preservatives and MSG;
- Fried and especially deep-fried foods;
- Bleached flour and bleached sugar foods.
Understanding the important role that insulin plays in regulating the levels of glucose in your bloodstream at any given moment is imperative to the success of your weight loss goals
If you're loading your body up with high glycemic value foods, then you should not expect to lose the weight that you desire to. Exercise alone is not enough - although it is profoundly important. You must develop a comprehensive plan based on holistically healthy food
intake choices, daily bouts of semi-strenuous physical activity, daily flushing with life-enhancing purified water and effective stress management techniques. That is the recipe for effective weight loss and long-enduring, healthy weight management.