- How to Have a Healthier Brain
- What Happens When You Lose Weight?
- The 5 Most Effective Daily Weight Loss Habits
- 7 Plants For More Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Rope Skipping Forms Your Whole Body
- Best Exercises to Tone Your Thighs
- Alli Fat loss new approved weight loss pill
- Recipes low in fat for your low calorie needs
- Our Relationship to Foods
- Foods Rich in Iodine
- Ketogenic Diet
- Vitamin E Rich Foods
- Great Sources of Simple Carbohydrate Foods
- Excellent Sources of Complex Carbohydrates
- Reduce weight slowly
- See More Articles
How Can I Get Rid of My Double Chin?
A common beauty concern that many of us – especially women – face as we get older is the dreaded double chin. Sagging skin under your chin can make you look older, and unlike other problem areas of the body, there is really no way to cover it up, short of growing a beard (sorry, ladies). While there are hundreds of products out there, from creams to special neck braces, that claim to “cure” a double chin, there is no evidence to show that any of these really work. However, that doesn’t mean there is nothing you can do. Let’s take a look at what causes a double chin, and then investigate some techniques that can help you make it disappear.
What causes a double chin?
There are three factors that can determine whether or not you end up with an extra chin or two in addition to the original:
1. Excess Body Weight. If you are overweight, then the distribution of excess body fat may cause the appearance of a double chin.
2. Aging. As you age, your skin loses elasticity and connective tissue, causing it to sag and droop.
3. Genetics. Some people are simply born to have a bit of extra flesh under their chin, even if they are not overweight. If you have family members with double chins, you may develop one as well.
Is there any way to get rid of my double chin?
First of all, it should be clear that, although numerous “experts” promote special chin and facial exercises, there is really no special workout that has proven effective for reducing the appearance of a double chin. However, there are a number of things you can try to either eliminate it or detract attention from it so that it becomes less noticeable.
1. Weight Loss. With the right diet and regular physical activity, you can reduce your body fat all over, including in the facial area. However, do not fall for the notion that you can “spot reduce” the fat under your chin. It is simply not possible to target one specific area of your body to eliminate unwanted fat; overall reduction is your only option here.
2. Cosmetics. Find a subtle bronzer that works with your skin tone, and use it to highlight your cheekbones, which will make your jaw line appear slimmer. Use eyeliner and eye shadow to emphasize your eyes and draw attention upward from your neck area.
3. Liposuction. If losing weight does not help reduce the appearance of chin fat, you may want to consider liposuction. Talk to an experienced cosmetic surgeon to find out whether you are a good candidate for this procedure.
4. Cosmetic Surgery. Many women, as well as men, choose to fight the visible effects of aging with a face lift. Before you schedule an appointment, however, you should talk to your physician about whether cosmetic surgery is right for you. Ask for a referral for an experienced cosmetic surgeon, and talk to other people who have had similar procedures done.
Remember that, no matter how old you are, it is essential that you eat a nutritious diet, drink plenty of water, engage in regular physical activity, and make time for relaxation and sleep. By taking good care of your body, you provide it with everything it needs to keep your appearance as trim and youthful as possible.
You must seek approval from your doctor before starting any new diet. Please read our Terms !