Losing 10 pounds in a week on a diet might seem improbable to you or maybe even impossible. However, with a diet such as the ketogenic plan, you can quickly lose 10 pounds in a week by providing a different type of fuel for your body to burn instead of sugar – fats.
Why a Ketogenic Diet will bring Weight Loss
Although a ketogenic diet is a high-fat, moderate-protein, low-carb diet prescribed medically for epileptic children, it can work in people of all ages to force the body to use fats as fuels instead of sugar, thus literally melting away body fat. .
How does that work?
With the limited carbohydrate intake, your body is not receiving carbs to be stored and burned for energy. Instead, your body starts to convert fat to energy. Once this process is initiated, actually adding more fat to your diet will keep these fires burning stronger and longer.
The first few days on this type of diet, eating foods higher in fats and proteins and all but eliminating carbohydrates, will start to reverse your body’s chemistry. After that, your body will start burning fat 24 hours a day.
For most other diets, strong emphasis would be placed on exercise. And not that you wouldn’t want to implement an exercise routine with a ketogenic diet, especially with the high amount of fat you’ll be ingesting, but your body will be in a weaker state than normal for the first few weeks. So give your body time to balance out before starting an exercise regimen.
Even without the regular exercise, the ketogenic diet, when followed properly, will help you drop 10 pounds in a week.
Ketogenic diets are preferred by many people because the menu options are vast and incredibly tasty. Because you want to eat foods higher in fat content, you will get to enjoy rich, full flavors and barely have to sacrifice anything except for those sugar-loaded options.
With this diet, you can eat:
- Fats: butter, oils, etc
- Meats: red meat, poultry, fish
- Some veggies: cauliflower, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, etc
- Anything higher in fat content and not exceeding a maximum of 5% carbohydrates
Foods to avoid include:
- Root veggies (because they’re high in carbs)
- Fruits (also very high carbs)
- Sugars and anything containing processed sugar
- Also, basically anything that is low in fat and/or high in cards
Tips for the Week
- No calorie-counting; just make sure you’re eating meals with a high fat content and low carb content
- Make sure your snacks are the same – low-carb, high-fat
- Try to avoid exercise to conserve energy if you’re feeling weak